Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Philosophy and Science

Colleague: I'm going to the shops, do you want anything?
Curly: Yeah.
Colleague: What do you want?
Curly: I don't really know.
Colleague: But you want something?
Curly: Yep. It's not a Mars bar, I know that.
Colleague: That's not very helpful.
Curly: Sorry, I can't really provide more information. I want something but I don't really know what it is, it's certainly not a Mars bar though. This is a good metaphor for my life.
Colleague: Well give me a ring if you think of anything.
Curly: I wonder who I'm supposed to ring if I figure out what I want in life?
Colleague: Not me.


Colleague #2: The sun is pretty low in the sky.
Curly: The 21st December is close - the shortest day.
Colleague #2: Well, as long as the days get longer after that then I don't mind.
Curly: Err, they probably will.

6 Comments:

At 6:09 pm, Blogger fallen-angelx thought it was best to say...

:) Thanks for my comment.
Wahey!!
A (sort-of) fellow Welsh man :D
I say sort of; I am not a man.

This post made me laugh :)

x

 
At 6:10 pm, Blogger fallen-angelx thought it was best to say...

Yeah, that's my other user... I didn't mean to comment from this account.
Oh well :P

I'm the AnasFallenAngel girl by the way....(Y)

 
At 12:42 am, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

Half the battle in life is knowing when you don't want a Mars Bar.

I would have probably got you some of those sesame seeds glued together with syrup, and a copy of Bizarre magazine. How would I have done?

 
At 6:40 pm, Blogger mo** thought it was best to say...

my sister and I always do that,
except when we don't know, we always say: "surprise me" :D
I misssed you (if that makes sense!) hope you're doing great :)

 
At 4:23 am, OpenID coffeedrinkingwoman thought it was best to say...

so, um, what would happen if the days didn't get longer again after the shortest day?

 
At 10:54 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

FA - No worries, glad I got a laugh out of you!

Huw - You would have won major points with the sesame/glue bars but I've never read Bizarre magazine and it sounds slightly dodge.

Mo - Whenever someone says "Surprise me!" in that context, I wait a couple of minutes before jumping out from behind something and shouting loudly. I've missed you too!

CDW - I have no idea, but I relayed that story to someone else later that day and the response was "In Italy our shortest day is on the 21st January" - I was speechless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home