Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall

I felt different when I woke up this morning. My bed was warm and cosy and I felt the same despite knowing that a biting breeze and a 3°C temperature waited for me outside the front door. I sprang out of bed, glided through the house and into the shower. Even the shower seemed to be in a good mood as it decided to spray water on me with considerably more vigour than the usual sensation of being pissed on by a mouse. Back in my bedroom I looked in the wardrobe for something to wear and for a few seconds I was indecisive - my decision was made when a glance in the mirror led to me spotting a warm sweater complete with t-shirt still inside from the day before, not giving a fuck had won me over again. I pulled on the t-shirt/sweater combo and smiled to myself in the mirror before setting out.

I opened the front door and I could almost see the delight in the face of the cold weather as it tore into my face. Unfortunately for the weather I was listening to my current favourite track (Wooden Heart by The Duke Spirit) on my mp3 player. The wind numbed my ears and it had the rather pleasing effect of making me feel as though the earphones weren't there at all and that Leila Moss was inside my head singing only to me. I smiled to myself again as I walked along the street, a girl wrapped up in her scarf and winter coat caught me smiling and she smiled too.

I love this time of year.

4 Comments:

At 10:54 pm, Anonymous Afe thought it was best to say...

You're the happiest go-luckiest little fellow around. Can I hire you as my mascot?

 
At 12:18 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Being sold over the internet again, my life just goes in circles.

 
At 5:04 am, OpenID coffeedrinkingwoman thought it was best to say...

I love this time of year too (usually).

I've moved my blog to WordPress. here's the new URL (the old blog has a link, for now...):
http://coffeedrinkingwoman.wordpress.com/

 
At 10:34 pm, Blogger Léonie thought it was best to say...

I want a better winter coat. But apart from that, yes, I agree. I don't even care if it rains.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home