Thursday, September 11, 2008

1/4 Steam Ahead

Cracking ahead with my apparent two-posts per month rule, containing considerably less bullets than a Rambo film (but more than the JFK movie).
  • Dilemma. I want to cull many of my facebook friends (not kill them) but I keep treating them like bits of old junk lying around. "I can't get rid of them, they may come in useful one day", I think. I also want to take heaps of pictures down, but stop short when think other people may want to keep the pictures of themselves.
  • We'll have a new housemate in the next couple of weeks, I'm really excited about it.
  • I wish that one of my friends girlfriends would stop touching my arse when she speaks to me.
  • I took some broken headphones back to a shop over a month ago and despite regular visits from myself they have taken ages to be replaced. I received a replacement pair today but I'm now a little sad because I don't have an excuse to talk to the girl in the shop anymore.
  • My daydreams have become increasingly vivid, I enjoy being away.
  • I feel like a spectator of my own life.
  • Physically, I'm close to being in the best shape I've ever been in.
  • I don't talk as much as I used to, I don't smile as much as I used to and I have less patience with people than I used to. I've always looked forward to being a grumpy old man, but I wasn't expecting it to start in my twenties.
  • I'm brilliant at frisbee... really, I'm fucking great at it.

6 Comments:

At 4:57 pm, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

I think you have the perfect excuse to go talk to the shop girl. Simply march up to the counter (saunter or sashay if you prefer) and tell her that you are celebrating the repair of your headphones by asking her out for a drink.

 
At 1:06 pm, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

I could have sworn that I left a comment around here somewhere. . . .

 
At 2:43 pm, Blogger Wierdo thought it was best to say...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger Wierdo thought it was best to say...

1. Feel free to delete me as a friend(as long as your serious about not actually killing them...) as I have been thinking the same thing myself. Or rather, I've been thinking "who the hell is "so and so"" before having to go through all their pictures to find the one time I've met them (or not in your case, but I know who you are when I see your name on facebook)

2. Jealous. Both of the best shape and frizbee remarks. Damn you.

3. I've ran out of comments but feel that 3 is better than 2 because 2 comments don't really warrant a numbered system.

 
At 3:04 pm, Blogger Léonie thought it was best to say...

Oh yes, I agree with Neal. Ask her out. It will make the most of your physical wonderfulness (not that you aren't always super-dreamy, of course) and stop you feeling like a spectator, because spectators don't take risks.

Next time your friend's girlfriend touches your arse just say "stop touching my arse", half joking. She will stop, and you will both laugh.

I am good at no sports so am also jealous of your frisbee skills.

Ask her out... x

 
At 5:13 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Neal - That would have been a cracking idea but the minute I walked out of the shop clutching my headphones, I knew that opportunity had gone.

Wierdo - This is the dilemma, isn't it? I know who you are (without knowing you) when I browse across my friend list.. it's the one's that I need to rack my brains to figure out where I know them from that are the problem.

Watch out for my frisbee skills, they're deadly.

Léonie - Spectators don't take risks, you're right. I just can't seem to stop keep zoning out - it's strange. I won't be asking her out, but thanks for the encouragement. x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home