Friday, April 18, 2008

Caffeine Overload

I wake up in the morning and have ten minutes to spare
Showered and cleansed, gel in my hair
There's only one way to fill this gap you see
So I head to the kitchen and make a big cup of tea
The initial rush is pleasing as the tea touches my lips
I can feel the buzz from my head to my... err...
Halfway through it becomes to much
and I make the decision to put down the cup

I arrive in work and without any time to think
I take off my jacket and I'm offered a drink
Unable to think of anything else to say
My reply, with a smile, is a chirpy "Okay"
Because the only word that rhymes is toffee
I recline in my chair and sip at my steaming hot coffee
The effect can be felt far more than before
and not long after my foot's tapping on the floor

Half an hour later and the effects have stopped
and against my will, for more caffeine I opt
Up I get and like a magnet to metal
I head for the kitchen and fill up the kettle
This cup of tea is made a little too strong
And unsurprisingly my body reacts before too long
My stomach reacts with the force of a kick
I feel light-headed and I'm on the verge of being sick

My head starts spinning, my eyes seem on fire
I knew this would happen, less caffeine I require
I sit down again and try to concentrate
But nothing's getting done at this or any rate
An hour later and I'm feeling better again
But outside the sun's turned into rain
Work's tedious and I'm getting bored
Before I know it, I'm back in the kitchen - caressing the kettle's chord.


More shit poetry can be seen here and here.

If you're thinking "Wow, he reacts too easily to caffeine", you should see me on drugs - Holy Moly.

7 Comments:

At 9:20 am, Blogger Chris thought it was best to say...

Erm, not sure whether I need to make this comment, but no-one else has and nothing has been mentioned on the blog. But do you know you were listed in the Guardian Guide Internet section under the heading 'Blogroll: Wales. I'm sure you probably did, but if not I thought you'd like to know.

 
At 2:26 pm, Blogger deanne thought it was best to say...

There is a lot of tea going on lately (the tea ladies at my work, now this!)

 
At 5:25 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Chris - Hello! Yes, I did know that I was mentioned in the Guardian - thanks for letting me know though. I'm not really sure what to make of it, I have received a few congratulatory messages but I remain nonplussed. Should I be cheering?

Deanne - I would probably die from excessive tea-intake if I worked at your office.

 
At 6:17 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

Very entertaining-- also, I'm the same way. I go nuts with caffeine. Really, I just don't need any-- but some days it's fun.

 
At 2:34 am, Blogger Afe thought it was best to say...

Y'know you can go blind if you caress your kettle cord too much.

 
At 12:46 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Kels - Amen to that, sometimes it's just fun!

Afe - I did wonder why I was having trouble reading your comment...

 
At 12:36 am, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

My guess is that you wrote this in 20 seconds while buzzing on caffeine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home