Monday, March 03, 2008

Observations...

...from arriving in work almost two hours earlier than usual.

Commuters look miserable: I'm used to walking through the university campus to work, in the company of students winding their way to their second class of the day. After either carefully selecting their wardrobe or just slapping on whatever they'd been wearing for the last five days , the students excitedly catch up with the previous nights events, laugh and tell stories to one-another - it's a fun environment to be in. Walking past some of the larger office complexes was a pretty horrible affair to be honest. Coffee shops were full of bleary eyed people in similar style shirts and blouses, name-tags clipped on seemingly wherever they fancied and there wasn't a single smile. I'm not lying.

Everything looks grey: Despite the ultra-blue sky, the beginnings of a beautiful day were completely overshadowed by the tall buildings trying their best to project grey-ness up into the sky. The roads joined in this evil campaign, the cars weren't much better. The people... see the previous point. I'm pleased to say that an hour later, the sun is winning.

Everyone I work with enjoys trying to wind me up: Not used to seeing me at such an early hour, I had a couple of "Been home yet?" questions amongst a couple of others. My favourite was from a colleague who didn't say anything to begin with; I asked how he was today, his reply was "I feel really weird this morning, it's like I'm in this really weird alternate universe where you're in work before I am", sipped his tea and got back to his desk - a confused look on his face.

I am tired: That's it.

5 Comments:

At 4:21 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

ha ha ha! That sounds like a fun place to work. I love that they called you out on showing up early. That is fabulous.

Today is beautiful here as well. I think you just can't help but be in an amazing mood.

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger Léonie thought it was best to say...

So, hang on a minute - why were you in early? Necessity or accident? Or curiousity?

 
At 4:27 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

I have to get up pissing early 2 weeks out of every 5. I'm just glad it's a bit light now when I'm waiting for my 6.20 train.

 
At 12:52 am, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman thought it was best to say...

i'm left wondering just what it is you do for a living....

 
At 2:29 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Léonie - I have no idea why I was in early, it just kind of happened.

Huw - 6.20am at a train station doesn't sound nice at all. At least you beat the rush eh?

CDW - I wonder what I do for a living sometime too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home