Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nash gets the last word

Things I want to bl*g about but can't seem to write more than a couple of sentences at a time due to massive concentration problems:-
  • A weekend spent in the wild, Welsh hills has made me realise how shit it is living in a city. But that opinion has been counterbalanced by my being able to walk to work, go round friends houses when I feel like it and generally join in with all the goings-on.
  • Working in an office sucks.
  • My social life is interfering with my work life, my work life is interfering with my social life and they're both interfering with my sleep-life and eating-life. As a result I'm swearing and whingeing more than I'd like to. Like right now. Last night I went off on a cursing spree at the mere sight of Colin Farrell on a DVD case.
  • Making stupid facebook groups will only entertain you for so long. Accepting a suggestion to only communicate with one of your greatest pals in Afrikaans will entertain you a little longer.
  • My mood is swinging from cocky and confident to quiet and shy with no warning whatsoever. Some people find me fun, others think I'm boring - I shouldn't really care what other people think, but I do. I'm considering taking up being a full time arsehole, it'd be less of a headfuck.
  • I've started biting my nails all day at work.
  • My latest film recommendation is Dead Mans Shoes - go forth and borrow it from a friend, or steal it from an enemy.
  • I miss being able to write long bl*g posts and laughing to myself when I'm writing them. (I've Just laughed at myself, that's a step in the right direction I guess).
  • It's not nice when you hear ill-informed rumours about yourself, I now know how Jude Law feels all the time (a little). Initially I tried to defend myself, but it's best just to laugh at how ridick the situation is.
  • It's been pointed out that an alarming amount of my friends don't know that much about me. I don't let on too much about myself, I'm not sure whether I should be attempting to rectify that or just leave it as it is. I've been instructed to open up a little bit more, I didn't tell this person about this bl*g - where I'm more open than in *real* life.
  • I've also started reading books again, I'd done the majority of my book reading before the age of twelve or thirteen. My usual reaction when people asked if I'd read the Lord of the Rings book (around the times of the films) was to scoff and mention that I read it when I was ten (admittedly I couldn't remember anything from it). I've also rekindled my love for the Super Furry Animals.
  • I'm not sure if I've mentioned this enough recently, but Kate Nash is great.
Kate Nash being great, and a pole (not from Poland) being annoying.


7 Comments:

At 6:45 pm, Blogger moonchadz thought it was best to say...

I'll spread the news, you rock!

I'm not very open either, in fact nobody I know knows about my blog.

 
At 5:23 am, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman thought it was best to say...

Working in a office sucks? Working sucks. I'd far rather be independantly weathly.

Facebook is a dangerous, dangerous thing. you will lose many, many days of you life to it if you are not careful. Be warned!

 
At 12:53 am, Blogger Airam thought it was best to say...

I know too well the blogging syndrome where you have a lot to say but don't know how to say it.

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

You crack me up. I have a story to tell you. Could I e-mail it to you?

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Mona - Ha, don't tell too many people - I might start getting hassled for autographs and things like that. It just doesn't seem appropriate to tell anyone about the blo*g, does it?

CDW - Working can be fun, if the job suits you - but in most cases, people will agree with you. I certainly do. I'm too far down the facebook path to turn back now..

Airam - It affects the best of us.

Kels - I've replied over at yours.

 
At 11:29 pm, Blogger Annie Rhiannon thought it was best to say...

I want a weekend spent in the wild, Welsh hills.

Wish I had been able to make the Thanksgiving Dinner thingy, sounds like it was fun.

 
At 4:18 am, Blogger Paige Jennifer thought it was best to say...

Thanks for hopping across the internet pond and introducing yourself. Glad you found me so I could in turn find you. I'll be back!

PS: I hate that awful cycle - like a dog chasing his tail - when work crimps social and social crimps work (insert grumbling here).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home