Nash gets the last word
Things I want to bl*g about but can't seem to write more than a couple of sentences at a time due to massive concentration problems:-
- A weekend spent in the wild, Welsh hills has made me realise how shit it is living in a city. But that opinion has been counterbalanced by my being able to walk to work, go round friends houses when I feel like it and generally join in with all the goings-on.
- Working in an office sucks.
- My social life is interfering with my work life, my work life is interfering with my social life and they're both interfering with my sleep-life and eating-life. As a result I'm swearing and whingeing more than I'd like to. Like right now. Last night I went off on a cursing spree at the mere sight of Colin Farrell on a DVD case.
- Making stupid facebook groups will only entertain you for so long. Accepting a suggestion to only communicate with one of your greatest pals in Afrikaans will entertain you a little longer.
- My mood is swinging from cocky and confident to quiet and shy with no warning whatsoever. Some people find me fun, others think I'm boring - I shouldn't really care what other people think, but I do. I'm considering taking up being a full time arsehole, it'd be less of a headfuck.
- I've started biting my nails all day at work.
- My latest film recommendation is Dead Mans Shoes - go forth and borrow it from a friend, or steal it from an enemy.
- I miss being able to write long bl*g posts and laughing to myself when I'm writing them. (I've Just laughed at myself, that's a step in the right direction I guess).
- It's not nice when you hear ill-informed rumours about yourself, I now know how Jude Law feels all the time (a little). Initially I tried to defend myself, but it's best just to laugh at how ridick the situation is.
- It's been pointed out that an alarming amount of my friends don't know that much about me. I don't let on too much about myself, I'm not sure whether I should be attempting to rectify that or just leave it as it is. I've been instructed to open up a little bit more, I didn't tell this person about this bl*g - where I'm more open than in *real* life.
- I've also started reading books again, I'd done the majority of my book reading before the age of twelve or thirteen. My usual reaction when people asked if I'd read the Lord of the Rings book (around the times of the films) was to scoff and mention that I read it when I was ten (admittedly I couldn't remember anything from it). I've also rekindled my love for the Super Furry Animals.
- I'm not sure if I've mentioned this enough recently, but Kate Nash is great.