Saturday, October 27, 2007

A mail to a friend

Hello mate - the party went as expected. I'd been miserable the whole day (significantly caused by ending up talking to that tramp in the pub on Thursday night) and had told Becca that I was just going to stay in, watch rugby and drink cups of tea. It didn't quite go like that...


I didn't finish work until 7pm, I walked home half asleep but decided that I'd actually put some effort into the night. I ate a pasty on the way home for dinner, drank a bottle of wine while I watched the rugby, drank vodka once I'd finished the wine and headed to the pub at about nine. I told Eirian that I didn't have a costume for the party, his suggestion pretty much saved the both of us:-

"We could go as people who have just finished work who like booze, weed and blowjobs!!!!!"



Costume sorted, we had loads of sambuca, I hugged Cat a lot, then hugged James but got some glow in the dark paint on me (he was dressed as a jellyfish I think..) so stopped doing that. I was pretty ratted when I left the pub. I thought I remembered most of the party, the pictures prove otherwise. There were lots of pretty girls there, Kevin Bacon turned up and I turned into the usual social hurricane - doing lots of hugging, drinking, talking shit and running around with bits of the garden stuck in my clothes (no ideas, don't ask). I spent most of the night talking to Cat (or so I thought) about London and singing. I also met a Finnish girl who started talking to me because of my Finnish hoodie - she thoroughly enjoyed twisting my words and by the end of the conversation I had given her the impression that Finland was the most boring country in the world and all the men are gay. I have no ideas what I said to make her think that.... talking shit no doubt. I tried to get out of it but she just laughed even more when I did that.

Not that many people wore costumes but luckily (?) Rob brought a marker pen and drew everyones costumes ON them, Mike did an amazing impression of that cat from Shrek, I was referred to as 'that drunk guy' at least once in the evening, Eirian wasn't far behind, King went out on a date (on his 2nd night in Cardiff for months) and ended up bringing her to the party because he didn't want to miss it, I have the feeling that I promised things to lots of people... but I can't remember what they were.


I lasted the night without doing anything embarrassing, or at least no-one's told me about it yet.

Today - cups of tea, two games of rugby and another party.....

5 Comments:

At 5:32 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

Now, that looks like a successful night. You out drank me when you finished the bottle of wine. Nicely done!!

 
At 5:54 pm, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

Sounds like good times. I love it when I realize that "the drunk guy" being referred to all night is me.

 
At 10:44 pm, Blogger Crystal thought it was best to say...

so did you hug kevin bacon? i would have at least slapped his butt and made him show me that step-touch-snaps move from Footloose.

guess what? i am going to london in december so you should help me figure out places i can go get drunk at. too bad you and chris are in cardiff or i would make you two be my tour guides for the week. you're getting off light, ya hear??

 
At 1:32 am, Blogger Airam thought it was best to say...

Sounds like a fun-filled night!

 
At 1:33 am, Blogger Airam thought it was best to say...

Sorry I'm here by way of Clearlykels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home