Friday, September 21, 2007

Bullets = Lazy

This week I have been mostly:-
  • Listening to Kate Nash on repeat. Knowing full well what happens when I start listening to female pop acts on repeat (past experiences with Nelly Furtado), I desperately tried to force her out of my head with way-too-loud listens to Anti-Flag, Billy Talent and Rocket from the Crpyt - but it all sounded a bit too uncouth. Switching to Tanita Tikaram, Fionn Regan and Kasey Chambers sorted me out for a little while before I got bored of the slow pace of the music.. I livened it up a little with some Hello Saferide and Regina Spektor, the latter sounding remarkably familiar... guess who she reminded me of? None other than the person I'd tried to get rid of, Kate Nash, and my fondness for her has now grown into a massive crush. I've been running around asking everyone to tell me their Kate Nash stories, if they have any of course. If they didn't I've asked a couple of people to make them up so I can sit there and say "Wow, I'm so jealous!", then go slightly doe-eyed a lot. The best Kate Nash story so far has been from my friend Laura who told me with great pride that she'd seen her four times in the last year - I almost fell off my chair at the thought of seeing her that many times (Nash, not Laura).
  • Watching rugby, this still hasn't abated from my last couple of heavily sports-orientated posts. I won't bother boring you with how everyone is doing, but all you need to know is that we're all having a whale of a time watching all the games and then talking about them for hours afterwards.
  • Looking for a new house. I'm moving in under a week, I don't have a new place to live yet. My itchy feet and the ants in my pants have combined to decide that I have to try somewhere new, my head however has decided that I should stay in Cardiff - for the moment at least.
  • Watching heaps of movies, my favourite of which has been Black Sheep - here's the trailer, it's awesome!
  • Listening to drunk students walk past my window at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am etc. One of Cardiff's two universities has fired up this week, causing the number of drunk people to increase dramatically since the weekend. It's nice watching them all make new friends, get excited about walking up the road with a slab of beer each, talking about the new clothes they've just bought with their student loans and then getting plastered with the thousands of others that are doing exactly the same thing. I've deliberately not shaved for a while so I don't get mistaken for a fresher and get quizzed about what course I'm doing or which halls I'm staying in. The main Uni starts on Monday (24th) and that's when the real fun begins.

10 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman thought it was best to say...

so what happens if you don't find a new place to live within the week?

 
At 7:15 pm, Blogger Will thought it was best to say...

Spektor shits all over Nash. Not literally. Although I'm sure some people would pay good money to see that. God, what am I saying?!

 
At 10:24 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Teri - Fear not, for there is no such thing as homelessness* in Cardiff. The entire contents of peoples houses have been known to be absorbed into others for indefinite periods until it's time to put them in a new place.

Will - I agree. On both points. Nash is very young though, she's got time on her side to get better.






*That's not entirely true, but just go with it.

 
At 3:54 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

I thought that you haven't been in your current place for that long. Of course what can I say. I've moved twice in the last 14 months. Although, I think i can safely say I and done with that shenanigans.

 
At 4:06 pm, Blogger Léonie thought it was best to say...

Oh, yes, give me Spektor anyday. Although I did hang out with Kate Nash at the Latitude Festival, and she's very nice.

You'd still go with Furtado, though, right? I'd hate to see you being all fickle...

 
At 7:00 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

If we are going to compare Nash to other artists purely because they are also female, I will recommend ADELE. She's playing Cardiff next month I believe.

 
At 12:35 am, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

You could go on and on about rugby, I would be ok with that.

 
At 10:44 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Kels - You're right, I've only been in my current place for 11months (quite a long time for me!). Change keeps me invigorated!

Léonie - That's a fine Kate Nash story, I'll ask for more details next time I see you. Details such as the colour of her shoes and stuff like that. Furtado wins hands down!

Huw - Nash is heavily influenced by Spektor, comparisons will inevitably arise. Furtado is just my number one! Adele, I will have a look around for her, thanks!

Neal - That's a statement most people wouldn't say around me, it sends me off on one usually! But thanks for the re-assurance that I'm not boring EVERYONE with the oval ball.

 
At 2:22 pm, Blogger Will thought it was best to say...

Oooh, I'm going to see Adele play in London - glad to hear she's good; I've never heard of her.

 
At 10:38 pm, Blogger Monica thought it was best to say...

You know, I saw Anti-Flag once at a show, and they had put this big flag up behind their set, which lead me to believe that they are, in fact, pro-flag, and I was really more confused than anything by the end of the evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home