Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My Little Meme

Sub title: Like "My Litle Pony" but without six-year-old girls touching me.

Kels has clearly made a ridiculous decision and has gone and tagged me to do a meme, I don't think I've done one before (And I can't be arsed to check) - but here goes.

I've got to list eight (8) facts/habits about myself, then I have to tag eight other people and they have to do it or they'll contract horrible diseases. I'm not sure why the number eight has been chosen, I'm not aware of it having any kind of astrological (or bl*gological) importance at all.


Numero uno
Movies have soundtracks, so do I. I sing and hum to myself constantly, I also tap my feet, clap my hands and occasionally have little 'Dance attacks'. This embarrasses my friends but amuses everyone else. On dancefloors, I'm usually not even listening the tune that's playing - I hear a different drummer to everyone else. Some people say that I'm a good dancer, but some people haven't met my pal Meg. He rules the dancefloor and everyone has a lot to learn from the kid.

Meg - just like Usher, but Indian.

Rhif dau
I know lots of people. I don't know why I do, but here's a few guesses:-
  • Since I was born, I've lived in 13 different houses in 9 different locations.
  • I'm more than occasionally loud.
  • I will talk to ANYONE once I've got a few beers inside me.

Nombre trois
Ever since I met one of my greatest allies, Sud, we've shared a dream to start a Welsh-Canadian bar somewhere. Initially we'd planned to start it in Australia, but we had already comes across too many themed bars in that part of the world. We were at a loss where to put it until we went to Sweden in 2005 - it's the PERFECT country for it. The Swedes know how to party and there's neither a Welsh or Canadian bar in sight - our little enterprise would take off in spectacular fashion.

My impression of what our bar would look like. Cecilia (in the cowboy outfit) is our Swedish partner, a title which she shares with the polar bear. Sud and myself would just stand around and give people maniacal grins when they came in.


Nummer vier
I have the concentration span of a small child with severe concentration difficulties. Getting this far into the post has taken me about two hours. I have been on facebook, helped friends with job applications, made a round of sandwiches, made several cups of tea and daydreamed a lot.

Nombre cinco
I enjoy getting lost. If I see a road that I haven't been up before, I'll drive up it. If I've got ten minutes to kill before an appointment, I'll wander around and explore my surroundings until my time is up. I'm usually always late for things as a result. If you don't get lost, how are you going to find your way next time?

Nummer sex
People are often surprised that despite my penchant for drinking heavily and hanging around in bars, that I'm actually pretty active. I'm always hiking around in the mountains, travelling to see other people, running around with my surfboard on the beach or finding something mischievous to do. One of my favourite feelings in the world is that feeling of being on the way to do something. I would say that it even ranks above making and drinking copious amount of tea with a hangover - only just though.


Item zeven
Your mother and your grandmother will love me. I carry bags for old ladies, smile a lot and can talk about jam for a remarkable amount of time. My mother often tells me which middle-aged/old ladies have recently commented about how nice I am. This is rather annoying when I'm angling to kiss their daughters, who are usually less interested.

число восемь
If I'm bored of someone moaning, I'll get unnecessarily excited about things that either have a negative effect, or no effect whatsoever on them, just to wind them up. Things such as toast, the rain, long journeys, whatever they're complaining about, milk, salami and cheese.

Sudden outbursts of positivity really annoy angry people,I've found. Which leads me onto my final point, to entertain myself when I'm bored - I'll annoy people deliberately. My poor, poor house-mates get it all the time. Most people see what I'm up to and laugh but the occasional person gets angry - if they do, I've won.




I think that signifies the end of my creativity for today - I'll tag whoever the hell wants to be tagged. I'm going to go home and have some milk and some toast - phwoar!

8 Comments:

At 3:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous thought it was best to say...

Now I HAVE to see you dance!

Little L

 
At 1:22 pm, Blogger Annie Rhiannon thought it was best to say...

I like the funky numbering

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger Anthony S. thought it was best to say...

I completely relate to number seven. That's why I tend to date mothers and grandmothers. Better chance.

 
At 1:45 am, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

Annoying people for the sake of annoying them would make you fit right in at the south pole.

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger moonchadz thought it was best to say...

I wanted to open a welsh bar in canada...but failed as I know nothing about the welsh, actually I knew nothing about the welsh, now I know all about one.

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

Yay! You did it.

1- that totally cracks me up. I love it.

2- Seriously, do you think you move often enough?

3- If you put the bar in Australia, I'll definitely go there.

4- Facebook is the devil. It takes up so much of my productive time.

5- Got to love an adventure.

6- Love, love hiking.

7- Good on you!!!

8- Ha ha, I don't annoy people but when they are being too negative, I always going into uber- optimist mode.

 
At 10:46 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

L - It's not all that, really. Especially not when I'm being watched...

Annie - Thank you, I'm all about the funky numbering.

Anthony - That's a very good point you have there, I don't think I've ever tried that angle. I am safe in the knowledge that I'll be the most popular guy in the nursing home when I'm older.

Neal - I'd be made to sit outside a lot as punishment I think.

Mona - You can start a Curly themed bar if you like?! People would come, I'm sure...

Kels - Thanks very much, it was fun to do! (But obviously exhausting, I haven't posted for AGES!)

 
At 2:18 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

So true-- it does look like you forgot how to post for a while!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home