Monday, June 04, 2007

Bullets

  • I just don't get fashion.
  • I went to see Silversun Pickups on Saturday night, it was a pretty damn good gig - I thoroughly suggest that you pop along to their website/myspace. I apparently also tried it on with Nikki, the bass player - this quite clearly backs up statements I've made before.
  • Facebook has invaded my drunken autpilot system, I've been out drinking three times since Monday 28th May, there's been a total of eight texts sent from me, TO me, containing only peoples full names - people who I've had no recollection of. I've since added them as my facebook friends, I've been quite amazed who I've met on a night out...!
  • Astrid came up to visit last weekend. I'm not sure who won the prize for the most energy remaining after two days of fun, running around the sights of Cardiff, but I think it was a very close contest! Cope even hauled himself away from creating facebook groups revising to grab a bit to eat with us - I knew the only way to lure him out was to mention that we were going to one of his favourite pubs in Cardiff.
  • A Sunday night 'Let's go through our cellphones and see who's in there' session with two mates let to me finding the numbers for Hot Girls and Random in my phone. Some comedy text conversations ensued. Initially a couple of probing texts were sent from me, texts containing lots of question marks. Both responded pretty quickly; It turns out that I had a similar conversation with Random a month ago - I'd met her about two years previously at a gig. Hot Girls sounded more promising, the conversation went something like this:-
Curly: Umm, hello. I have your number in my phone but have absolutely no recollection of who you might be or where I would have met you?? Can you help at all???!"

Hot Girls: Hey there, you are in my phone as "Curly Buffalo". Big enough clue? I was with a friend and your 'Dad'?

*My Dad?!! I no longer cared about the fact that these girls might be hot, this threw me completely*

Curly: I was in Buffalo Bar on Friday night, that sounds about right. Were you sat near the window at the front? Who the hell was my 'dad'?

HG: Your Dad said his name was 'Paul X' and works on sanitary bins! Thought he got you a drink? By the window, yes! We were the campers!

*What the hell?! There wasn't anyone called Paul with us, and I don't know anyone that 'works on sanitary bins'.... and campers?!*

A few texts later, it eventually all came back to me, I remembered the girls, being in Buffalo and the whole camping thing - but no further light has been shed on who my dad was that night. A massive hangover on Sunday night just exhausted me and I promptly gave up figuring it out.

  • Tonight, I'm going to see Indie-Poppers Los Campesinos! It's sure to be a mighty fun time.

4 Comments:

At 7:44 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

Oh Facebook, how I love thee.

ha ha-- my post is about drunk dialing on Saturday night. Almost the same thing.

 
At 1:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous thought it was best to say...

Good guys,nice blog~






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
###############################################
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^
^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^O^
Welcome to my WEBSTOR
THERE ARE MANY GOOD AND cheaper goods
web: www.rolex8.com
MAIL:rolex8shop@hotmail.com
MSN:rolex8shop@hotmail.com

 
At 11:29 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Kels - It's a nasty habit!

Anon - You should take up a job as a poet... seriously, you've missed your calling.

 
At 11:35 am, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Well, my rechargeable batteries seem to become of less and less quality every day, so I have to buy new ones, so I can keep up with you next time I come over! Did you buy yours in Sweden?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home