Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Kick-Start

Things were getting stale here in my world here in Cardiff, but I'm happy to report that a trip abroad seems to have kick-started me back into action again. I felt a little groggy during the first couple of days back in the country, but Friday (thankfully) kicked off an eventful weekend.

Friday evening, I was lucky enough to prove my Manic Street Preachers fan credentials enough for my current gig-buddy, Becca, to take me along to the Cardiff leg of their current tour as they promote their new album, 'Send Away the Tigers'. They managed to play a song or two from every single one of their (Eight?) albums. The gig was nothing short of outstanding, I don't think I've ever got goosebumps from just watching a band play live before (Maybe once actually, I went to see a Swedish rap band at an outdoor festival - but I only got goosebumps because it was cold and I wasn't sensible enough to take a sweater with me).

Saturday was spent catching up with everyone in the local pub, and by catching up with everyone I mean drinking a couple of pints before switching to sambucca's and watching sport, barely saying a word. All attempts to control our sambucca consumption had failed and later that evening we waded into a Eurovision Party already in full flow and increased the pace a little. The Eurovision song contest this year was nothing short of hilarious, Terry Wogan had us all rolling around with laughter as did the absolutely abysmal acts - the super strength Cosmopolitans and a rather dodgy bottle of Thai whisky somehow didn't temper our spirits.

After the Eurovision climaxed, we headed into town to see what goodies awaited us. We stumbled into our favourite Irish bar, Dempseys, where I ended up in conversation with a hot Norwegian girl....

Hot Norwegian Girl : Do you tempt women into the woods with your dazzling blue eyes and have your way with them?
Curly : Not often, what about you? You also have dazzling blue eyes.
HNG : Yes, I tempt men into the woods all the time, I even have a tail and my last name is Hell(e).
Curly : Wow! So what is it you do when you're not doing that?
HNG : Oh, I'm a teacher.
Curly : Lolcano
HNG : Lollerskates.

Want to come into the woods and play?... Oh, I dunno - scrabble or something?... No?... Well, can you fetch me a blanket then, it's quite cold sitting here in the woods on my own - some biscuits wouldn't go amiss either.

Which brings me onto my question for today...

What is the best way you've messed up a (previously) guaranteed kiss/shag?

8 Comments:

At 4:16 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

Well- this story is not about me but it is still good. During my craziest uni night out, we all got ridiculously drunk and kissed lots of people. My best friend was having a bit of a rough night. You see, we were partying with all of her boyfriend's friends-- he was not there and she managed to get riproaring drunk and hook up on the dance floor with the guy she was seeing on the side. Needless to say this was not one of her finer moments. So, as I was on the other side of the dance floor with a very nice guy-- or just a really good kisser. She was on the other side being sketchy. We soon met up at which point she puked in their trashcan that was in the middle of the floor. Sexy! Then she wondered why no one was kissing her. We nicely told her that it might be because she just puked. That tends to turn people off.

This might also be a good time to mention that she has since married that guy she was seeing on the side and they are no longer a sketchy couple.

 
At 2:15 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Oof, that's a good one Kels - also pretty disgusting..! How did she not notice that she'd puked?!

I once saw a friend puke and then go up to a random girl and start kissing her, she ran off crying...

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger moonchadz thought it was best to say...

are those your eyes???

and seriously please don't tell me nothing happened- for g*ds sake, she had a tail!!! did she get you a blanket at least? no..then she must've brought the biscuits!
as for me ruining it, probably got too wasted to even remember anything was supposed to happen in the first place...
I'll try to think of a funnier story though, coz I'm sure there are a couple but can't think of any at the mo.

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Mona - Indeed those are my eyes. No No, nothing happened, she had a boyfriend and I'm a good boy.

Being wasted is often a good way to ruin something, but on the other hand - it creates a few opportunities too...

 
At 12:37 am, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

In answer to your question: probably brewers drop. That pretty much undermines any guarantee you could hope for.

 
At 2:33 pm, Blogger Will thought it was best to say...

I can't be bothered to answer the question, but read this - it's excruciating.

 
At 5:31 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Huw - That is a classic, yes. You kind of want to go out with a bang, which I suppose brewers droop prevents.

Will - That's painful to read, but also a bit too close to home. "WHO wanted to shag me? Why didn't you say so?!"

 
At 2:45 am, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

The biggest difference between where you are and where I am is that here one will never, ever run into a random HNG.

As for my screwed up sure thing... that topic has been popular conversation fodder here for several days as it somehow leaked that I didn't seal the deal with girl who was considered by all here to be...hmmm, what's the politically correct term for it???? Merriam-Webster says that I should use 'libertine', 'coquette', or 'flirt' rather than 'slut'. Anyway, rather than shagging we ended up drinking too much, passing out, and her farting on me randomly in the middle of the night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home