Thursday, April 12, 2007

Another post about not posting.

My T-shirt is deceptive

One worry that I've always had about having a bl*g is that some things which I consider too personal will spill over onto the internet. I've previously broken a couple of my own rules and written about things that I'm not entirely comfortable about divulging, but at least this had the effect of emptying the box a little. There are still enough thoughts, doubts and opinions swirling around in my head that I'm not sure I'm ready to let out.

I bring this up now because every single time I've clicked on the 'New post' button recently, I've been very close to writing down pretty much every damn thing that's occupying my mind at the moment. I'm a pretty guarded person by nature and that sort of behaviour would go against my character that has existed for the previous 25 years. Instead of writing, I've logged out again and left bl*gger well alone for a couple of days.

So, if I don't tell the interweb, who do I tell? I'm not religious, I'm not incredibly close to my family and I don't talk to myself (often), so that leaves me with the option of talking to my friends. There's a line from a Manics song which sums up the relationship between me and my male friends, "We don't talk about love, we only want to get drunk". Despite love not being the only topic, that's ruled them out too. Female friends, I'm severely lacking in. Only two I consider close enough to chat about anything, they both live in England. They also both visited on the weekend, which was great as I was able to get some things off my chest.

I'm worried that the next person I get close to will have all of my thoughts etc. dumped on them, I don't want to do that to anyone.

Perhaps I should just get a dog.

9 Comments:

At 7:26 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

I talk to my animals all of the time. I also e-mail, a lot.

 
At 7:31 pm, Blogger Crystal thought it was best to say...

maybe you should make a completely secret blog. then you can get it all out and not have to worry about any of us calling you names.

or just masturbate (not good for long-term feel betters, but good for the moment).

i just told the grunt to do it too. am i becoming a masturbation advocate??

no, i think i just like to write inappropriate things on other people's webpages.

crystal = proud of herself

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Kels - Hmm, someone to talk to vs someone to take for a walk, clean up after and feed... E-mailing is good, it's kind of like telling your friends but telling no-one!

Crystal - A Secret bl*g is possible, see how it goes. Masturbation - you're a genius, I'll get onto it right away! Funnily enough, yesterday one of my female house-mates suggested that Thursdays should be "Non-dish-washing Thursdays", male house-mate and myself agreed as long as we could have:-

Masturbation Monday
Tossing off Tuesday
Wanking Wednseday
Four Finger Friday
Solo effort Saturday
and Self Satisfaction Sunday.

(oh, the google hits..)

 
At 6:57 pm, Blogger Crystal thought it was best to say...

Non-dishwashing Thursdays?

what fun is that??

just to let you know, you are always welcome to come clean my dishes.

 
At 11:44 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

Friends are for the seasons, but your inner demons are the ones who'll really stick with you through thick and thin.

I concur with Crystal: fwap as often as is humanly possible.

 
At 1:13 am, Blogger Melissa thought it was best to say...

I've been thinking about getting a secret blog myself - my parents and good friends read mine, and it seems everything has to pass through a mental censor before being typed, and that is not very liberating. And frankly, it can be pretty boring.

That release is out there, whether through spanking it, talking to friends, or creating a second blog.

 
At 2:47 pm, Blogger Wierdo thought it was best to say...

I've tried several things to stop me from exploding those things that I want nobody to know everywhere (sounds messy :-S)

I've got 2 blogs (one welsh, one english) to try to get everything out of my head. I've got a diary/scrap book type thing which I write in when something is really extreme. This book makes me look depressed and paranoid none of which I am all of the time. I try writing songs, I try writing Fiction.

Inevitably I drive my boyfriend crazy. With random crazyness.

Damn

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger moonchadz thought it was best to say...

hum...
Crystal makes a very good point...

 
At 2:11 pm, Blogger christianoshi thought it was best to say...

I intended to uphold anonymity in my blogging until I discovered my flatmate's digital camera! But like Melissa, I have a mental censor and that can sometimes completely uninspire me.

I recently allowed a potential (journalistic) employer to read Oshiblog - BIG mistake! I never heard from him again.

So I've confused my blogger identity to the point where I can think of nothing to blog about and I'm currently taking some time out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home