Thursday, March 15, 2007

March so far

Bad things to happen this month: -
  • Silk Pants overheating.
  • Wales playing crap rugby.
  • Holes appearing in my shoes while it's raining.
  • My hair mis-behaving more than ever.
  • I've been low on energy and have been feeling a little uninspired.
  • I stuck a metal knife in the toaster at work to rescue a burning hot-cross bun, I shorted the entire office building. I rescued the bun though, and I sat there eating it in front of everyone at work while they sat contemplating all the work they'd lost. We laughed a lot, mainly because I was glad I didn't electrocute myself.

Good things to happen this month:-
  • Getting up really early on a Saturday to drive up to the Brecon Beacons. I dragged two girls to the highest point in South Wales, they complained most of the way up but were very impressed with the view once we got to the top, despite the fact that we were in the clouds and it was bloody windy.
  • We saw the Kaiser Chiefs in the students union. They were alright, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have as Wales had just lost to Italy and I was knackered after walking up in the mountains.
  • We also saw Bedouin Soundclash for a second time. Last time we saw them, we took them out on the piss around Cardiff and wound up in a steak house discussing reggae, sambucca on cornflakes and steak - it didn't happen again. They sounded great, the gig was cracking and we danced our little socks off.

Good things ABOUT to happen this month:-
  • Wales v England in Cardiff on Saturday. We've lost all four games so far in this years Six Nations competition. Wales v England is always good fun but very intense, it's the game which has more than points at stake. National pride and bragging rights are on the line.
  • St.Patricks. It's been close recently, but this year Paddy's has fallen on the same day as the final round of Six Nations matches. Those combined, plus the fact that it's the Wales-England match, means that it's probably going to be the biggest drinking day this year. The words 'Memory Loss' just won't do it justice.
  • The Howling Bells are coming to Cardiff. I was blown away with their CD and amazed by their live performance, now I'm going to see them again. I'm well stoked to be going.
  • Friends. The game on Saturday brings many friends together. Staying in my house will be Lord Sudrick, The King and Random Andy. Three of my greatest friends, three blokes that don't know the meaning of a bad time. We all live in different places and it'll be the first time we've all been together for a while. There will be an army of us in the pub by the time the match comes around. I'm excited a teeny weeny lot.
Woot.

7 Comments:

At 2:35 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

Goodness. That is quite the catch up. So, tell us, why did you stick a knife in the toaster. Did you really think it was a good idea?

Don't do anything stupid with all of the drinking. Well, if you do, make sure to blog about it:-)

 
At 4:10 pm, Blogger Ev thought it was best to say...

hot-cross buns are real??

 
At 4:10 pm, Blogger Ev thought it was best to say...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:42 pm, Blogger Wierdo thought it was best to say...

The pub next door opens at 12:30 so that's a good time for a pint me thinks.

I'll be having an all dayer because it's rugby day, NOT because its st Patircks day. I dont like that it gets more attention than st davids day. I'll be drunk all the same!Enjoy your day!

 
At 12:33 am, Blogger moonchadz thought it was best to say...

totally jealous about the walk and kaiser chiefs, although I belt out some mad tunes this evening- still cant sing properly :(

 
At 12:38 am, Blogger moonchadz thought it was best to say...

ps if you need energy- take spoon of Honey- works for me! as for the hair my mousy brown friend, try drinking some ginger infusion..ya never know!

 
At 12:23 pm, Blogger Will thought it was best to say...

Glad about the bun. Shame about the pants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home