Friday, February 09, 2007

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes

Quite possibly the most positive title ever to grace a bl*g. Mainly because it's snowing, as Afe had correctly predicted. But also because it's Friday, I've just had a massive fried breakfast and I went to see the (amazing) Bluetones last night. Like a lot of people in the 90's, I was a big fan of the Bluetones, last night I finally got to see them - about 10 years after I first heard of them. They didn't look a day over 25, checking up on wikipedia I find that Mark Moriss, the lead singer, is 35 - amazing stuff. I may have also met a girl, I was enjoying the conversation so much that I missed the Bluetones encore. Doh.


My favourite conversation of the day so far:-

Eirian leans out of the window, half naked, to see Curly standing out in the street....

Eirian - Why does it feel like I've been drinking?
Curly - Because you and me got leathered last night.
Eirian - Oh yeah. Why aren't you in work?
Curly - I'm on my way.
Eirian - But it's half past ten?
Curly - Yeah, I've been going round everyones houses and chucking snowballs at their windows - on my way.
Eirian - OH WOW! It's snowing!


7 Comments:

At 2:24 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

The Bluetones are still going? I'd seen Mark Morris was plying his wares again, but didn't know he'd got the rest of them to start up again. Their descent into shitness after a really great first album (even the single's B-side's were impressive) was one of the great Britpop shames of the nineties/early noughties.

 
At 3:23 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

I love that you were late to work because you were throwing snowballs at people's windows. That is just fabulous!!!

 
At 4:19 pm, Blogger Crystal thought it was best to say...

i want to throw snowballs too!

i would also like to walk to work!

effing texas.

 
At 12:12 am, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

Seems like such a wonderful way to start a day!

I walked today but there was no snow- just a lot of wind- I tried flying but that didn't seem to work :(

 
At 6:46 pm, Blogger Teri thought it was best to say...

I just *heart* snow!

 
At 1:09 pm, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

It sounds to me Eirian either needed a hot steamy cup of coffee that morning or .... a cold snowball in his neck!!!

 
At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous thought it was best to say...

I think i love eirian.

Charlie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home