Tuesday, January 30, 2007

3rd post attempt.

Wednesday saw my will give way,
From our local I just couldn't stay,
A lock in kept me up until two,
That's past bedtime for me AND for you.

Thursday I felt a little rough,
But energy I had just enough,
To make it through I had to be thrifty,
We saw our friend's new band, Space in the 50's.

Friday of course was the end of the week
But that didn't stop my drinking streak,
It started at 4pm in a pub with Cope,
I finished eight hours later, feeling almost doped.

Saturday morning I was up at eight,
To earn some cash and work for a mate,
Completely shattered I crashed in at five,
When I received a call from an old friend - "We're in Cardiff, are you still alive"?

Sunday I cursed my Irish friends,
They'd got me horribly drunk again,
My weekend was ending and I felt rather strange,
What sorted it? A ten hour session in the Coal Exchange.

Monday morning I could hardly breathe,
My limbs were aching and I needed a reprieve,
I saw my reflection and started to titter,
Big dark eyes and a head covered in glitter.

It's Tuesday now and I'm still having trouble breathing,
Almost every single laugh is followed by wheezing,
But if you thought I had fulfilled my social aspirations,
Saturday brings the start of the Six Nations.

Hoo-fucking-ray.

7 Comments:

At 5:54 pm, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

That is marvelous, Curly! You are a star!!!

 
At 2:42 pm, Blogger Chris Cope thought it was best to say...

And all done in the form of a poem. Brilliant. The chair is yours.

 
At 3:56 pm, Anonymous Tim(the sailor) thought it was best to say...

Very good poem, found your blog on Annies blonk. I'm afraid though that you will be drinking pints in consolation after Saturday, and the only poetry will be the from Brian O'Driscoll and company!!

 
At 6:11 pm, Blogger Cleavers thought it was best to say...

Your creative talents clearly have no boundaries!

I truly, truly hope that you have a hospital bed on standby for when your liver finally caves in. And that your IV drip will NOT be filled with tequila!

 
At 12:28 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

As - Just one of millions of helicopters in the sky!

Cope - I wouldn't know what to do with the chair, pawn it off I'd imagine.

Tim - Cheers, I'll be drinking pints come whatever on Sunday - but yes, BoD and D'Arcy I fear will rip us to pieces.

Cleavers - ha, I haven't made it to hospital yet. I've just made it back in to work after almost fainting in the way home on Tuesday evening. I think I'm ill.

 
At 2:58 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

I do love a good poem! That was excellent. Bravo! Oh, and get some sleep!

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

You welsh do like poems!!!
it sounds like you had a lovely time
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home