Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Time to Waste

Looking back on last weeks “I’m not as happy as I thought I was” post, I had identified that I was in fact, pretty ill. I had spent the entire week running on empty, every evening after work I had collapsed into bed. I sacrificed evening meals in return for sleep, along with a couple of lunch breaks. Saturday, I still felt pretty awful but a nice half-day lie-in seemed to sort me out just fine. I managed to shove my troubles to the back of my mind by watching the (amazing) rugby on Saturday with a couple of mates, there was a grand total of five people in the bar but we made enough noise for about seven.

I’d still not done a single bit of Christmas shopping so I took Monday off work to take a wander around town. This, in principle, was a great idea. In actual fact, what it did was to release Sunday night as a viable night for staying up late. A few of us headed down to Clwb for the Meltdown Christmas Cake - A number of musical genres and acts spread out over the three floors providing people with some great entertainment. We managed to catch about five acts in total, none particularly made me jump out of my seat – but one stood out head and shoulders above the rest, a young lad named Beatbox Fozzy. The place went wild for him, what an amazing talent!

Monday morning was of course spent in bed, before reluctantly dragging ourselves into the city centre for a bit of retail action. Bledd and Myself were bored shitless within half an hour of meandering around town so decided to amuse ourselves by looking at all the lush TV’s that we couldn’t afford, then heading to the pub. I didn’t buy a single Christmas present.

I also managed to see a whole bunch of films (a few years/months behind everyone else) – the new Jimmy Bond was really good fun, but I didn’t understand the ending. Buffalo Soldiers is hilarious. Eternal Sunshine… is an excellent film. Starship Troopers gets funnier every time. Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade is an absolute classic, I love it.

Oh, and the secret behind the new Domino’s ‘Level 3’ hot pizza? (UK dwellers - You’ve seen the shit advert) … Shedloads of mustard - and it’s not even that hot, it’s pretty tasteless really.

The social side of things in Cardiff has slipped dramatically since the end of the University term, pubs have emptied and clubs have died. There’ll be a brief peak this Friday (Black Friday), Saturday and NYE no doubt – then it’ll be back to business again in January sometime. I should be heading back to the hills on the weekend, with the holidays devoid of any plans whatsoever.

5 Comments:

At 1:32 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

Mustard is a poor trick. The new 'supercharged' KFC Zinger Tower Burger isn't too shabby.

 
At 6:05 am, Blogger Teri thought it was best to say...

I've gotten no shopping done, either...

 
At 3:50 pm, Blogger Crystal thought it was best to say...

mustard is my second favorite condiment.

they don't have pizza here with mustard on it.

i must move to UK immediately.

 
At 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous thought it was best to say...

Hello, only just read your "last week post". Have to say, I think most of us have that feeling that we never get off with anyone unless drunk. I haven't started seeing anybody ever when sober. But I don't think it particularly matters. It's just circumstance. We go to the pub, that's where we meet people.

Hugs xxx

 
At 3:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous thought it was best to say...

I really realy liked eternal sunshine- as for the indiana's...definitly classic although I do prefer the star wars...
We a lot of mustard here so ...I think there would be riots if thay put that in pizza- 9typical french ;))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home