Friday, November 17, 2006

Busy Busy

With a lack of anything to really say today, I'll carry on anyway.

On Tuesday I went to see Juliette Lewis & The Licks with landlord James. You may remember Juliette from films such as 'From Dusk til Dawn', 'Natural Born Killers' or 'Old School', you may not. Anyhow, she's also in a band who are touring everywhere at the moment. Juliette was fanstastic, extremely entertaining, she had a cracking voice and a brilliant stage presence - The Licks however, didn't have any of that. The music wasn't that interesting, bar one or two songs. It was almost like watching people pretending to be in band, doing all the moves and singing the songs as though they had just read a manual on 'How to be a rockstar'. The only energy emitting from the stage was Ms.Lewis leaping around the stage in her spandex 3/4 length pants. What a sight.

Juliette Lewis - Entertaining, The Licks - Not so much.

I've not not any gigs lined up for the next month or so... I'm really digging the Models right now. But they're not in the UK and there are no signs to show they will be anytime soon. Is there anyone you know of I should go and check out? They have to be playing in Cardiff, I can't be arsed to travel...

Tonight, there is the little matter of Wales' next international. Canada are in town and we're hopefully going to give them a good kicking, if we don't then there'll be trouble. Theres a small army of us going down so that should make it pretty fun.

Our flippin' fast winger, Mark Jones, last ran circles around Canadians in 2003. He's on fire at the moment so I fully expect him to do it again.

Tomorrow - I'm off to Oxford for the weekend, how lovely! Shitty weather though, will mean that we'll be forced to stay inside. Not the best really, but it happens.

I used to slate my old housemate, (acutally 'mate' shouldn't be used in this situation) Fatkid, for eating too much cheese. Gold-brick size chunks of Cheddar would disappear in a far too rapid fashion. Whilst eating nowhere near the same amount of cheese as he did, I'm eating a bit too much. On Sunday I went for a walk with housemate Audrey around Cardiff, everywhere we went seemed to have a cheese-tasting stall. Brilliant!! We sampled plenty of interesting flavours, bought big chunks of it and discussed the tastes for literally minutes. Yesterday I went shopping in Tescos and bought a big chunk of Camembert - for the sole reason that I was worried we were 'running low'.

Went out last night again, Thursday has become a massive student night in the Walkabout in the centre of town. I rolled in about 3am so I'm feeeling a little pooped today. It was a little bit of a surreal night, there was lots of ear-licking in our group and at one point I was asked to talk dirty to a group of four girls while they sat drinking round the table. I obliged, of course, but at one point I even made myself blush. I'll try and avoid that in the future...

5 Comments:

At 7:31 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

The Bees! Saturday night! Somewhere!

I like The Bees.

 
At 5:44 am, Blogger Always on the Move thought it was best to say...

Canada will KICK YOUR ASS! So Yuppers, YOU will be in Trouble! No Good Luck on your Side! HAHA, Let me know what happens kay!
AND speaking of Canada, where I live, it's suppose to be really nice this weekend! Once again, LOL at you!
AND did you know that Cheese will constipate you?!?! What out! You may be in more trouble this weekend! Make sure you eat lots of fiber!
Are you going to tell us what made you blush?? Tell me something kay! LOL!
Be Good this weekend! AND, watch out, The Canadian are going to KICK YOUR ASS!!!!!!

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

sorry man- no bands I can see that are playing soon :(
as for cheese- you need to come to France then- you'll be surrounded by it- I never ever used to eat cheese and all of a sudden here I am buying it!
so ear licking huh? literally or is that a brit expression for talking shit? either way those girls are lucky.. must have been very funny

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Huw - Bees were playing in the Students Union on Friday I think, unfortunatly Rugby took priority. The Charlatans are playing in the same place this Saturday - but again, Rugby is on. doh.

AotM - Canadas asses got kicked, sorry aboot that. No constipation here, just contentment!

Mona - My brand new housemate is French, I think that's the reason for the increase in cheese consumption! Ear licking isn't a Brit expression, I wish it was!! It was hilarious.

 
At 4:27 pm, Anonymous Mair thought it was best to say...

Heia Curly, neis cwrdda ti hefyd!

Don't know if you've heard of Brakes? They're made up of bits of British Sea Power, Electric Soft Parade, and The Tenderfoot, and they're playing The Point tomorrow night. Geraint and I saw them at Barfly last year, and they were a lot of fun! "Hold me in the River" is the next single if you want want to have a look for that, then a listen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home