Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Cardiff Crazyness, Hamburg Hangovers

I've been staying away from writing anything the last few days, mainly because life is hectic right now, but also because I knew the next post would be a "Today, I had a banana for breakfast, then I fell over" kind of posts. I'm trying desperately hard to avoid it but I don't think I'm going to be able to ultimately.

I was initially suspicious of a large group of people from my company heading out to Germany for one night only. The memories of loud, drunk, fight-y and highly annoying stag parties in Riga are still very fresh in my mind. I didn't really meet everyone until the evening when we arrived, on the plane I had constructed a nifty anti-social device (which I'm yet to name) which was made from my jacket wrapped round my head several times until no-one could see me. One girl found this amusing though and I caught her laughing in a "Awww, that's so cute" manner. I wasn't in a cute mood though, images of stag parties and all that. The rest of the trip was really goood fun, we consumed copious amounts of wine (rot und weiss), erdbeer trinken und vielen, vielen pils. Despite assuring my friends that I was going to take it easy and not make a tit of my self one little bit - the night ended with me dancing on a table then falling off a table while it collapsed. I thought that I had 'surfed' down but I was later informed that it was a little less graceful.

The trip home was going well, I had been practicing my German on a bunch of school kids - telling them that their plane had already left. The panic on their faces didn't last long, one piped up "That was a really good German sentence..." and they all laughed their little arses off. I was drinking coke on the plane to keep my energy levels up, but a few beers consumed before had dulled my senses and I didn't notice the vodka that was being constantly poured into my bottle. By the time we landed again, I was in full flight again - jabbering away and chatting up old ladies on the train.

Saturday, I was able to fully appreciate my move back to Cardiff. I had breakfast in the breakfast bar I used to eat in (just for old times sake), then I went to the pub that I always (still) drink in and sat down for an hour. Usually, when I'm in Cardiff on the weekend and I'm feeling too tired to be out and about, I'm persuaded to stay out by my mates. Besides, I don't have a bed to go to. But on Saturday, I realised that I DID have a bed and so I marched back and promptly fell asleep for the rest of the afternoon. How lovely!

I'm living with 5 of my mates (hectic), my new workplace is 20mins walk away in the centre of town, there are plenty of peoples houses to call in on wherever I am in the city and I'm completely happy. Soon, I'll be moving to another place, with new people - I've only been here since Saturday and I've met more people that I would do in a month in Swansea. I love Swansea, but the people in Cardiff really make this a fun city to live in. I hope you'll come and visit one day?!

Not long until November folks - It's a big month. Wales play four games and I'm back living in the city to take full advantage of that.

10 Comments:

At 12:16 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

I am booking the sofa in your new place for a weekend in or around mid-November. Please send me the invoice for my records.

 
At 8:31 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

So, are you getting any sleep???

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Huw - booking acccepted, although I'll possibly not be here on the 18th/19th. The 4th, 11th, 17th and 25th - I'll be here but rugby will take over my life for about 2 hours on each day! I'll make sure the new place has a comfy sofa!

Kels - No! Not much at all. Got any good tips for keeping energy levels up?

 
At 8:20 pm, Blogger Annie Rhiannon thought it was best to say...

Cymru am byth etc.

I sang "Sosban Bach" for my clients at a party last week when I was drunk. I told them it's the Welsh National Anthem. It is, isn't it?

I've never been to Cardiff.

AR xxx

 
At 3:28 am, Blogger Teri thought it was best to say...

I've never been to Cardiff, either.

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

ha ha, I wish. I am useless without sleep. I say go and hide for a few days and sleep.

 
At 3:51 am, Blogger Afe thought it was best to say...

Did you slip on the banana peel?

 
At 2:48 pm, Blogger Dancinfairy thought it was best to say...

I spent a weekend in Cardiff once. All I really remember is spending a lot of time in pubs and trips down Chip Alley.

They were good chips though!

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger Will thought it was best to say...

Ah, the last time I went to Cardiff it was because me and my wreck-buddy had drunkenly boarded a bus in Bristol at 6am. When we arrived, I was carrying a five-foot wooden pole, and my friend had a coach seatcover tied around his head like a bonnet and sick bags on his hands. We purchased some milk, managed to find my mate's house and rang his doorbell at around 7am. Then we bought some vodka and drank it. Good times.

I'll be there tomorrow morning, around 7, okay?

 
At 3:39 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Annie - Well done on the Singing whilst drunk. Sosban Bach should be the national anthem..!

Teri - You should go! Next year, the kids will love it!

Afe - No banana peels, just the remnants of some limes and salt I expect.

Will - Sounds like a wonderful adventure into Cardiff! Wales is the land of legends after all, vodka is usally prominent in the more modern ones though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home