Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey!

Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, has died.



"Steve Irwin, the ebullient Australian TV personality and conservationist known as the Crocodile Hunter, was killed Monday by a stingray barb to the heart during a diving expedition" Herald Tribune
The man was absolutely brilliant, he had one hell of a personality and his enthusiasm for conservation and wildlife was incredibly infectious. Watching him run around Australia Zoo on a Sunday whilst I harbour a massive hangover is an instrinsic part of my routine.

My mate Neil said it best "He spends his entire life annoying crocodiles and he gets killed by a bloody sting ray. That's shit."

9 Comments:

At 4:18 pm, Blogger NiolK thought it was best to say...

'Tis a damn shame. He seemed like a lovely bloke.

 
At 11:36 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

I am in mourning. Really, I'm gutted. He was only 44 and had 2 tiny kids. The man was a legend.

 
At 12:05 am, Blogger Afe thought it was best to say...

Yeah, Australia is beside itself. We miss the bastard. Although all we ever did when he was alive was bag him out.

 
At 11:57 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Niolk - He did indeed seem like a lovely bloke. Apparently he put on most of the 'Aussieness' for show, still great though.

Laura - An absolute legend, yes. I think he's the second celebrity I've ever been upset to see go (after Joe Strummer).

Afe - I bet you guys were hit the hardest. There'll be another one, I'm almost certain of it. All his mates were carbon copies of him!

 
At 3:34 pm, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

It`s sad, for him, his family and the crocs...that being said, it looks like he was living life to the max and was a truly happy guy.

 
At 7:31 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

It is so sad. My sister tried calling me all day yesterday to tell me (since I do not have a television) I had already heard. Very sad.

 
At 12:14 am, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

As many times as he's been bitten by venomous snakes and chased out of rivers by crocs, it's amazing he made it as far as he did. If you gotta go, it might as well be while doing something you love.

 
At 3:13 am, Blogger Teri thought it was best to say...

Your mate Neil had it right - exactly what I thought.

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Mona - He was always so hyped up about his Crocs, he was incredibly happy it seems!

Kels - I think the whole world heard before breakfast!

Neal - I wouldn't want to go out doing a Stingray, personally...

Teri - Yes. (What a shit reply on my part).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home