Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Monotonous TeleVison

Moving back home temporarily has meant that I have been able to watch TV programmes which aren't WWII documentaries or re-runs of re-runs of Will & Grace. Filmfour being free has been the best thing to happen in my life recently, I've been watching the 9pm film every night of the week. During the crap adverts, I flick over to the music channels to see what's around at the moment. Here are some observations from the forementioned channels:-

Hasn't anyone else noticed that Beyonce dances like an absolute tool? What the hell is she doing? You realise that her entire arse is just a gimmick, right?

And Nelly Furtado - I love you, but you're just being an idiot as well. Come on now, get it together and produce another good song like we all know you're capable of.

Fergie - What the fuck are you doing in our country? Go home, it's in everyones best interest.

Nathan - Who are you? I've never heard of you, why do you only have one name? It doesn't help in the identification process.

Shakira - I don't care about your hips anymore, they were cool about 5 years ago but they're tiresome now.

Paris - I like watched the video and like I was like UGH, this song sucks - then I like totally puked , it was G-ROSS. It like hella sucks Yuh-huh?

In fact, Nelly Furtado is the only one mentioned here that doesn't only have one name - Nelly was already taken by the plaster wearing rent-a-rapper I suppose. While we're on the subject - Kanye and Pharell, you're both doing well and kind of like your stuff but for gods sakes get over yourselves, it makes me sick. You know when you listen to someone absolutely gush about one person all the time you just want to tell them to shut up? Shut up.

Sometimes the mute button is my favourite thing in the world.

6 Comments:

At 2:54 pm, Blogger Clearlykels thought it was best to say...

Nelly Furtado is definately the only person with any substance on that list. I do have to admit that I had an unhealthy obsession with the Kanye's song "golddigger" for a while. For some reason every single time it came onto the radio I was completely entertained. Also, I miss tv. Maybe that will be my next purchase television reception.

 
At 6:09 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

Ah Fergie. I love the way the video for your ACE song 'London Bridge' centres around Tower Bridge. Replusive and ignorant. Good going!

 
At 5:49 am, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

There's only one person on that list that I haven't heard of (who is this Nathan character?), which means I'm not going to be too far out of the loop when I re-enter civilization in a couple of months. Of course, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not....

 
At 3:13 pm, Blogger Me Over Here thought it was best to say...

You know, it takes very little to get me to shake me booty, and I LOVE me some booty shaking, so I have to say that Nelly Furtado and Fergie's songs are ones I find myself doing a jig to. But Paris? PARIS!?!? Gahhh. Someone should really just do something about her. Anything, just get her out of my face. Please.

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger Chris thought it was best to say...

Paris must die. Prefirably in some sort of very public accident. Just goes to show you how amazingly potent the voice correcting software they have today is. I used to be mesmerised by the free digital music channels (TMF, and The Hits) but now every time I flick over I am so overcome with a desperate urge to sink my knees and sob that I flick back to something more meaningful like, er.. Sky Sports News

Oh and yes, Beyonce dances like a tool. I agree.

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger Chris thought it was best to say...

Paris must die. Prefirably in some sort of very public accident. Just goes to show you how amazingly potent the voice correcting software they have today is. I used to be mesmerised by the free digital music channels (TMF, and The Hits) but now every time I flick over I am so overcome with a desperate urge to sink my knees and sob that I flick back to something more meaningful like, er.. Sky Sports News

Oh and yes, Beyonce dances like a tool. I agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home