Thursday, July 06, 2006

Smashing

Alright chums?

As mentioned previously, Canada Day rocked. I'm still trying to pick up the pieces and once I put them together, I'll try and write something comprehensible about it.

It's all rather busy at the moment so here are a couple of images from the last few days. I'm not going to apologise for the bad quality pics, you should be used to that by now.


Canada Day celebrations in Trafalgar Square, no idea who's on stage. We saw Raghav earlier, he was the only one I'd heard of. Ron Sexsmith came on later and bored everyone to death


Trafalgar Square. This time there was some woman from Manitoba singing that 'Helpless Helpless Helpless' song - any ideas?


Inside Londons only Canadian Bar, the Maple leaf. No idea what time this was taken as I was REALLY drunk. It could have been anytime after 1pm...


See above.


We managed to wrangle a couple of free tickets to see Glamorgan play Warwickshire in the 20/20 cup (That's cricket). We were dead chuffed with ourselves for blagging but...


...It rained. We got wet and then everyone went home.


Regular Mars bars are creeping back on to the shelves again (thank god) after Englands exit from the World Cup. I'm thinking they should re-brand them 'Practice'.


And as a special Canada Day treat, here are a few pics of me, in Canada. WOW!

5 Comments:

At 4:58 am, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

I never knew that there was such a thing as a Canadian bar. Do they serve Moosehead and Labat Blue?

 
At 9:57 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

I didn't know until this month either!

Indeed they do sell Labat and Moosehead, also Molson Canadian - brilliant! (but expensive because it's imported)

 
At 4:37 pm, Blogger Teri thought it was best to say...

All the good beer around here is expensive, too. Either because it's imported or because it's a microbrew.

 
At 10:53 am, Blogger Rhys Wynne thought it was best to say...

I've just been to Canada for a family Wedding, and while I was there I tried to drink every possible Canadian Ale, but I hardly scratched the surface. Here's a list of the one's I remember drinking:
Rickard's Honey Brown, Rickard's Red (not that keen), Moosehead, Grasshopper (Wheat Beer), Black Oak (tasty IPA), King Pilsner, Mill Steet Organic (nice), Mill Street Lager, Upper Canada Dark Ale, Hemp Beer, and Apricot Wheat Beer (never again) Sleeman's Cream Ale. My favourite was Creemore Springs Lager.

Three good places to try these out in Toronto are Volo, Ces't What? and Rebel House.

Next week I'll mainly be talking about.......

 
At 1:15 am, Blogger lady miss marquise thought it was best to say...

I only went to one Canada Day party during the 9 years I lived in the UK, and I wish I could remember it as I heard it was fabulous. I got roaringly drunk on Moosehead beer and tried to find some West Coasters. Failed miserably.
And then I hear, the year I move back, that the Canadians actually showed the Brits how to do it. Pshaw... Granted, I was on a beach this year. Happy Canuck Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home