Thursday, May 18, 2006

What a weekend!

It's going to be an absolute feast of exciting events this weekend...


First up, Canada take on Sweden in the Semi-final of the Hockey World Championships. I'm at a loss who to support as I love both countries so much! I think I'm going to be rooting for Canada - simply because I've seen how nuts they are about the sport!


Ronan O'Gara and the rest of the Munster massif descend on Cardiff to take on the French in the form of Biarritz Olympique, for an almighty battle to be crowned Rugby Kings of Europe for the year. Munster should (and I hope they do) win this one.


Eurovision will be taking place on Saturday evening. For those that have never seen it, please make a special effort - it's nothing short of hilarious, to the British and Irish anyway. The rest of Europe take this singing contest very seriously indeed, which makes Terry Wogans comments about Britain "sending in gun boats" even funnier.




It's going to be camp as hell. More camp than a row of pink tents. More camp that a row of pink tents with men shagging in them.


And Last, but not least. It's our friend Marv's birthday, the Welsh kid that likes to think he's from Manchester will be turning 25. The poor boy will be in Cardiff during the Rugby (about 40'000 tickets have been sold for Munster fans alone), it wouldn't be a problem normally but Marv just doesn't like Eggs or any sport using an Egg-shaped object as a ball.
"I hate Eggs, they just look silly.." Marv 2006

6 Comments:

At 7:56 pm, Blogger Cleavers thought it was best to say...

Hmm, haven't quite got into the ice hockey thing (prefer baseball - get to sit in the sun while drinking beer, almost like cricket but with sun) but go Canada.

And DON'T make me jealous about Eurovision as WE CANNOT GET IT HERE. Or we can only get it through BBC streaming but without Big Tel's commentary.

And, well, we all know that it's Tel that makes it, eh?

 
At 12:36 am, Blogger Lucy thought it was best to say...

From what I've heard, Marv could rent out his house to Munster fans for like four trillion pounds.

 
At 5:37 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

Eurovision is one of the highlights of my year. Can't bloody wait.

That Marv's a bit fit. Shame about the silly name though.

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Haha .. and you got the opportunity to wave to Astrid! How good can one weekend get, huh? Did you see me waving back with my smiley face?

 
At 4:35 pm, Blogger Charlie thought it was best to say...

'eggs are just periods in boxes'

 
At 11:24 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Cleavers - Crappy British tv didn't show the Ice Hockey in the end. Canada were nudged out by eventual World champs Sweden 5-4 I understand. Booo.

Lucy - I heard that it was about five trillion. Marv wouldn't do it though, just because of his egg phobia.

Laura - Eurovision was great this year eh? We only saw about half of it in a dodgy London bar but we loved it!

Astrid - I could JUST about see you waving! Did you hear me laughing at the trian station?

Charlie - I think that should go on his gravestone, that's classic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home