Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Back in a Greeny-Yellowy kind of colour.

It's been a while folks, there have been several attempts to get this show back on the road. Each valiant attempt at a post has been plagued by a complete inability to write crap for about half an hour, a task which I would usually undertake without a second thought (and the lack of thought is evident in many of my posts).

I've been busy running around the country, mainly Wales, but there have been trips over to England a couple of times. I can't for the life of me remember what I've actually been doing but luckily I had my trusty low-quality camera-phone with me at all times. Here's a few things that I have seen (some I'd seen but just don't remember being there) over the last few weeks...



Mud Swimming in Cardiff


Mud Swimming, I have no idea what this guy thought he was doing


A quick photo from work over Swansea when the sun came out


Marv plays it cool in The George



Eirian snorting beer after losing a tense game of Paper, Scissors, Rock


Bar Billiards, Exeter. An unusual game, one which I was decidedly bad at - even when the locals took pity on us and explained the rules.


Exeter Cathedral, by night - isn't it beautiful? ahem.


Exeter Cathedral again... it obviously looked nice enough for me to stop stumbling for a second and take a snap


Bristol, this is the only photo I took the entire time I was here - it's a lovely city isn't it?


Swansea in the Sun again. I really do love this place!


Paul and myself in Dempseys, Cardiff


I noticed this in a bathroom after a conversation we'd had minutes earlier about 'Illegal Blowjobs', it's obviously more common that I thought. Which is pretty horrible really.


Swansea by Night, it looks great at night too - but my camera can't cope with taking photos in the dark. It looks pretty alien doesn't it?


A canal in Loughborough, I took a stroll around the town while I waited for a train home. It's a place steeped in industrial history and is a great town to wander through


On top of Pen Y Fan in the Brecon Beacons, the highest point in South Wales


I'd dragged Maddy up the mountain with me - she was grateful when we finally got to the top. What a view though!


Incognitos, Cardiff again.


My Old pal, Ginger Geordie Jim and his lovely wife Fran. I hadn't seen either of them since their wedding in Hartlepool last September. I thoroughly enjoyed catching up again


Gaz Phaelon, up to his usual cheeky tricks back in the George


It's been an odd few weeks, I was feeling a little deflated round about the time that I decided to take a break from bl*gging, but for some reason a lot of old friends got in touch with me over the following fortnight...

My old University pals from Southampton all got together for a fantastic weekend in Loughborough, where I laughed so hard that I think I ripped a couple of stomach muscles. Dink, Donkey, Rich, Meg, Pete, Nicky and Tash joined in the fun and we had tremendous fun ringing random New England (USA) -(Cheers Os for coming up with that) - phone numbers all night... I dread to think what the phone bill looks like.

Ginger Geordie Jim and Fran came down all the way from Hartlepool (WAY up North). Jim used to hang out in the 'Diff back in its heyday, with the King and myself. They were always good times, we were both new to Cardiff and really enjoyed exploring the place together. He moved back up North to marry the ever-patient Fran, they had a cracking wedding by anybody's standards.

Also getting in touch, were:-

  • The King, who I saw a couple of months ago. And although he's a real pain in the arse sometimes, he can always make people laugh.
  • Scottish Danny, who had the tent opposite mine when I lived and worked in Newquay for a summer back in 2001. I haven't spoken to him for about 3 years after we both lost each others numbers.
  • Irish Conor, I'd seen him last in December briefly but he decided to give me a shout, for the completely fantastic reason that it's his 30th birthday coming up, I can't wait! Parties with Conor and his Irish posse are always very good nights!
  • Yorkshire Andy - I worked with him in Cardiff shortly before he ran off with someone else's wife up to Scotland. He's back down this way and is looking up old mates... great!
  • Hippy Paul, who used to live with the Phaelon Boys even made an appearance after a spell away from Cardiff.
Charlie Phaelon has even taken time out of his busy schedule to write a once in a blue-moon post about ME, can you believe it? A post about me, not actually written by me?

Having so many friends ring me up or meet me in obscure bars has cheered me up immensely, and I'm glad to say that I'm back....

You can cheer now if you want to.

7 Comments:

At 2:15 pm, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

Yay, Curly is back in business.

 
At 3:54 pm, Blogger Teri thought it was best to say...

YAY! You're back!

And that guy mud swimming? Aren't you supposed to do stuff like that with other people?

 
At 10:56 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

YAY! Woohoo!!!

Will that do?

Glad you're back.

 
At 2:36 am, Blogger Afe thought it was best to say...

For one wonderful moment, I thought that was you doing the mud swimming. I retracted my pointing and laughing finger very quickly.

 
At 12:27 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Afe - I'm thinking about about putting a big red sign on the mud-swimming saying "It's not me, but I wish it was", he seems to be a popular chap.

Teri - This guy was completely on his own, it was 2am and quite cold. There was no chance anyone was going to join him!

Laura - That will do just perfectly! I'm glad I'm back too!

 
At 8:21 am, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

How many Kit Kats did you eat whilst you were away. That's what I want to know.

 
At 4:50 pm, Blogger Me Over Here thought it was best to say...

Cheering from the Texas section. Glad you're back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home