Thursday, March 02, 2006

Flibbedygibbit

I can't believe it's Thursday already! I'm very tired today so it's going to be a post with more pictures than usual. Great.

Saturday

Scotland recorded a famous rugby win over England, the pub where we watched the game had a 10:1 ratio of English to Scottish fans but the Scots were backed up in large numbers by the Irish and the Welsh - the place erupted with screams of joy when the final whistle went.


The general Englishmans reaction to our cheering


Oz points to the bar as he explains how he's going to celebrate

Later that night we headed to the students union, some where I haven't been for almost a year. We used to crash the union every weekend for some cheesy music cheap drinks but recently we've just not made the effort - which is a shame as it's a good laugh in there. After the union I felt extremely peckish, unfortunately the first food joint we came to was a paticularly nasty kebab house. The kebab I had was probably the worst I've EVER had in my life (apart from the one I had when I was sober once).


Disgusting

Sunday

Wales v Ireland, the Irish trampled all over us. After a bright start, we seemed to give up after 20mins, it wasn't particulary nice and it put a damper on most peoples spirits for the night - Apart from the Paddys, they loved it. I didn't feel like having a good night but that all changed when some of the other boys started celebrating Manchester United winning the Carling Cup 4-0. I don't like football at all but hey, it's an excuse to celebrate right?


Chris, Simon and Dave in their old skool tops

Sweden won the Olympic gold in the hockey, beating Finland 3-2 - that was another thing to cheer! I was initially supporting Canada but seeing as they had been dumped out of the running in the earlier stages, my second favourite Hockey team were promoted. Unfortunately I only got to watch about half the game as it clashed with the Rugby.

Monday

Not much happened really, I was still miserable after the rugby yesterday.

Tuesday

Pancake day! I spent the day in a windy, snowy, sleety, rainy, sub zero Aberystwyth. I suffer badly from "Day after the Day after syndrome" - Generally I feel fine the day after a big night out, but it's not until the day after that that I actually feel the effects... Basically, Tuesday is my hangover day. I wasn't too happy to be getting up early to drive up to Aber and then staying up there for a day wandering around the town in crap weather.


NOT how I actually felt


How I actually felt

But luckily, my parents house in the hills is on the way back from Aber so I stopped there and spent the evening making Pancakes with Littlest Sister - and they were AMAZING thank you very much!


The dog waits silently for us to drop the mixture


Perfect method for making pancakes - put the spatula on your head


Up Up and Away


Whatever I can do, sisters can do better

Wednesday

Dydd Gwyl Dewi, St.Davids day. St.David is the patron saint of Wales, the kids usually dress up in traditional Welsh costumes and everyone wears leeks or daffodils to celebrate the day - unfortunately the daffodils weren't out in time this year and all the schools were closed because of the snow. I did take a bite out of a leek though.


Traditional Dress on St Davids Day

One of the advantages of living anywhere slightly remote in Wales is that you're probably going to get trapped at home a few days a year when the snow comes - that's exactly what happened today. Instead of heading back to work in Swansea - we built snowmen, had snowball fights and refuelled ourselves with hot drinks before heading out into the snow again for more fun!


The back garden


Still hassling me for food


The Road - cleared later on by a farmer with a tractor. Well annoyed.

Back in work today, the sun has come out and melted the snow in Swansea, but it's still too bloody cold*


*Braces himself for comments from Canadians, Scandinavians, Scots and South Pole residents. "You think YOU'RE cold?"

12 Comments:

At 5:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous thought it was best to say...

How come i still havent got a pic on Hairy Tales, i thought this was my chance, but Nooooooooo, you used a pic of simon, dave and chris!!!

I give up!

Charlie x

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Sorry buddy, that's what happens when you go to work when all the cool kids are having fun...

I'm in the process of nicking some of Bledds pics, I'll put them up for all to see soon! x

 
At 7:45 pm, Blogger ozstriker thought it was best to say...

didn't you say it was because you didn;t like charlie chris... oops... was i not meant to say that??

(laughs half heartedly at his own cliche joke! then decides to add to it by providing the end to any naff cyberculturistic mocking - ;) - the wink... oh god help us!)

 
At 8:44 pm, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

hum...all of a sudden I want kebab...ugh.
glad the pancakes were good- you guys look like real pro's

 
At 9:34 pm, Blogger Me Over Here thought it was best to say...

I'm so jealous of all the snow! Currently, in the great state of Texas, it's about 82F.

And as for the comment you left on my blog...I'm stalking you, Curly, I'm just REALLY good at hiding it.

 
At 10:27 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

Good to see residents of Aberystwyth are still paying scant attention to parking restrictions.

 
At 12:15 am, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

Nest time you're in Aber, go right to the end of the pier (the right side of the pier in your picture) and, I don't know, honk a car horn really loudly or something laddish and amusing that I can't think of in front of the building right at the end, just before the cliff thing - that's the building my brother lives in!

 
At 1:47 am, Blogger Afe thought it was best to say...

You think you've got it bad? Uh, yes, you have. Move to Australia. Now.

 
At 1:17 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Oz - I do like him really but the real reason I didn't include his photo was that I'd get in trouble with Versace for using their new model for their summer range.

Mona - If you need any pancakes made, you know who to call.

MOH - Don't be jealous, I'd seriously injure someone just to get 82f right now. Hoo Ra, I have a stalker!

Huw - That's what I was there to sort out...

Laura - I thought of you when I was up there for some reason... spooky. We were down that end too, but only because my dad used to work in one of those buildings and I wanted to see it again.

Afe - Get back in the shade, you don't want to burn in that 30 Celcius heat... Git.

 
At 2:00 pm, Blogger Cleavers thought it was best to say...

I, for one, won't chastise you for your complaints about the weather. It's been a very mild winter here, barely dipping below -10, so I'm quite pleased all in all. Last year, the inside of my nose would freeze just walking 5 mins to the subway. No nose freezing = a happy Cleavers. Plus, only 4 more weeks until Spring. Yay!

Fat Tuesday isn't celebrated in this multi-cultural city, so no pancakes for me :-(

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Teri thought it was best to say...

If the snow is melting, it's not THAT cold.

Around here, when the sun comes out in winter, it gets colder. It has to be warm (near freezing) to snow.

 
At 11:16 am, Blogger Neal thought it was best to say...

If you were drenched, naked, and outside for half an hour, then you might start to approach my kind of cold. This you already know, so there's hardly any reason to continuously point it out (wait, I just did). My theory is that it's never too cold, you're just not wearing enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home