Monday, February 20, 2006

Wales v Scotland

One of my favourite days of the year has recently passed us by again.

The Six Nations involves 6 Rugby teams (France, Ireland, Wales, England, Scotland & Italy) competing for a rather shiny trophy. It’s played every year on a Home and Away basis… Last year we played host to the Irish and the English, this year we have the Italians, the French and my personal favourites, the Scots to look after.

The match against the Scots this year was played on Sunday 12th Feb. A nasty day on which to hold such an event, seeing as everybody had to be back in work on the Monday.


Little Dragon Supporter

Oz and myself kicked off the day at 12pm with a fantastic fried breakfast, it took a while to cook but Oz had prepared it beautifully. Even the eggs seemed to be smiling at us! We then devoured the lot like a pair of ravenous wolves and headed into the centre of Cardiff to see if we could find some fun.

We arrived in the Model Inn at 1pm and quickly got into the spirit of the day. There were still two hours to go until kick off but the Scots and the Welsh were both in fine form and everybody was enjoying themselves. I’m not sure why I enjoy the Scottish game so much, it’s mainly down to the fact that Scottish rugby fans are some of the most amicable in the world. I think the best way to put it is that after the rugby match, unlike matches against Italy, France or England, neither nationality is fussed about who actually won the game – it’s all about the banter and the drinking afterwards.

The Scottish men ran around in their kilts while the Welsh girls ran after them trying to catch a glimpse of a bare Scottish backside – a sight which we saw regularly throughout the day. The Welsh sang their hearts out and the Scots tried to counter but were vastly out-numbered and consequently out-sung.

By the end of the match, we were pretty drunk so headed off to other establishments to find more people to talk to. Oz and I suffered sychronised memory lapses (a bit like women synchronising periods I’d imagine…) throughout the evening and the final bit of Sunday night recorded was in Varsity bar on Greyfriars Road at about midnight.


Lewis, Caz, Mad Scot, Oz

I arose from the dead at around 12pm Monday, not really knowing what had happened. I felt comfort in the fact that my pounding head, the bruises on my elbows and that I had woken up fully clothed meant that it was another classic rugby international the day before. The grin glued on my face indicated that we’d won!

More Pics

4 Comments:

At 9:34 pm, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

Honestly- I would much rather deal with synchronosed memory lapses than synchronising periods..excpet I still would want the ability to have a baby one day.

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Me Over Here thought it was best to say...

I feel cheated...how come there were no pictures of bare Scot backsides?

 
At 4:54 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Mona - Memory lapses aren't nice, although it is fun trying to find out what happened!

MOH - The Scots with us didn't stay still for long enough to take too many photos of their arses - I apologise on their behalf! I'll get them next year when I will probably go up to Edinburgh.

 
At 6:19 pm, Blogger deanne thought it was best to say...

Know what I love - I love how on the front of the Welsh rugby jerseys, it says 'BRAINS' - always makes me snicker, knowing the general intelligence level of most rugby players.

*cue giggling*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home