Friday, February 03, 2006

I feel a bit sick

So you might have to excuse any non-sensical-ness in this post. Plus, it's been a hectic week or so.

We've had Australia Day, on which a couple of us had to endure a 12 hour stake-out with work. We only managed to survive by guzzling grapes, apples and bananas. Delirious from lack of sleep I took to the town with Oz. We got into a little bit of trouble from being on the roof of a bank at 3am.


Stakeout


Stakeout Supplies


Eirian, Oz and Moi on the day after Australia Day

The Friday was another night out I think. The rest of the weekend included a girls 22nd birthday party, I went with Eirian and his girlfriend, Bethan. The girls were all rather quiet so we took to the dancefloor to cheer ourselves up, it did the job! We also bumped into Lewis and Caz, Pembrokeshire boys always up for a giggle.


The biggest Beer pumps in the world - surely?

The recovery on the Sunday was a roast lunch in Cardiffs' Pen and Wig pub - damn nice it was too - with an old mate that I hadn't seen for a couple of years, Justin. The afternoon was spent giggling and sniggering - you can't beat it!

In other news, I got to have a look at the control room for Cardiffs CCTV network - that was great fun!


CCTV control room

So - after a very tiring weekend and a tough day in work on the Monday, I almost fell into my house with exhaustion and started crawling up the stairs to my bed. I had trekked halfway up the stairs when my landlord shouted for me from the living room. After mumbling about something about being too tired to come back down I eventually made it. I'd fully expected a detailed run-down of a World War II painting but to my relief I found that he was holding a sparkling envelope with my name on it! I took the card to my room and opened it, it was my prize for winning Astrids quiz WAY back in December - A card from the Amazing Astrid herself!


A fantastic prize!

I immediately cheered up, the card was so nicely written ! I've not ever come across such a positive person in my life and the card put a giant grin on my face - it's still making me smile even now, four days later! SO a big thank-you goes to Astrid for such a great prize!

Just incase you're not smiling as much as me, I've been listening to a great little tune by a band called the Envelopes (A bunch of Swedish blokes fronted by a French girl named Audrey Pic)- I've not heard such a fun song for years. I challenge you to listen to it three times in a row without smiling! VIDEO HERE.

The reason for me feeling a little sick - Wales play England on tomorrow in the Six Nations, I'm worried about losing so much that I've not slept properly for two or three nights now. I can't wait for 3:30pm Saturday to come around!

10 Comments:

At 4:27 pm, Blogger Cleavers thought it was best to say...

At least you don't have to get up at bloody 7.30 on a Saturday morning to make sure you get to the pub before 9 as it's the only pub in the whole of bloody Toronto that is showing it so that you have to get there early to make sure you a) get in b) get a seat c) get a big fry up before drinking ridiculous amounts of beer before noon.....

......and breathe

 
At 7:38 pm, Blogger ozstriker thought it was best to say...

know the feelin Curly... good job i've got a few slabs of the amber nectar ready!!! OMG it's going to be a busy day tommorow!

 
At 1:36 pm, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

good times
and keep smiling!

 
At 5:39 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gutted gutted gutted - what happened to Wales?!

I am so crap, get a bit tipsy n forget to blog on the other one. D'oh. I turned the pc on and then forgot what I turned it on for, and switched it back off. Silly girl.

 
At 12:25 am, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

finally listened to the band- awsome- keep recommending :)

 
At 9:15 am, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Is that the Eirian Evans at the birthday-party of which you speak?

Hey, and I am glad the card arrived in your mailbox while still sparkling. I really hoped the spell I put on it wouldn't wear out until you are all grown-up.

 
At 3:45 pm, Blogger Me Over Here thought it was best to say...

You're the king of stealth.

 
At 4:25 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Cleavers - Was it worth getting up so early to watch it? I was up at 10am thankfully and managed a little walk before sitting down for the ensuing disaster.

Oz - Where the HELL did all those cans go?

ARV - it was pretty crappy eh? We did okay for 60mins at least! I'm just glad it's over - I'm so worried about the other games.

Mona - glad you liked the band, I'm going to try and see them on Friday night, I'll let you know how it goes!

Astrid - Yes, it is the Eirian Evens of varying degrees of notoriety. Yes, the card was still sparkling but those koalas had made a REAL mess!

MEH - Yes, I am!! I've been lurking too much recently though, my commmenting levels have dropped considerably in the last week.

 
At 10:52 pm, Blogger Afe thought it was best to say...

I'm confused. What's the significance of Australia Day to you Welshies? I want answers.

 
At 12:02 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

An excuse for a piss-up! There's so many of you over here in Cardiff, it's always a good night out!

(Plus it's close enough to the 5th anniversary of me heading to Australia as a fresh faced (barely) 19 year old - It's my way of saying thanks to the country that opened my eyes and made me who I am today. Australia means SO much more to me than I can put into words)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home