Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Everybody loves a party

Welcome to 2006 folks, I hope it's been a good one so far for you all?

Me, It's been a bit naff. Not wanting to be left out, I've gone and got myself a new years cold and my eyes & nose have spent most of the last 48hrs streaming - lush!!

It's already January 4th though, Summer isn't that far away again!! I can't wait until I can get back into the beach again and into the sea! I suppose I could jump in right now but the combination of my wetsuit not being thick enough and the predictions of a freezing second half of January have scuppered those plans. The earliest I'd made it into the sea previously was February 12th 2003, anyone that's been in Britain on that date will know full well that jumping into the sea wearing a pair of shorts is NOT a good idea.

The festive period then, it was a rather relaxed one despite the furious pace at which the days raced past. I returned to the folks house in the hills late on Christmas Eve, I spent Christmas day pretending I was having a great time and I left early on Boxing Day. Apart from two days more, that was the entire time I spent at home. I don't get extremely excited about Christmas, I crave variety in my life and I'm sick of the same old thing happening year in, year out.

Boxing Day, however, is one of my favourite days of the year! I spent the entire 26th December in St.Davids with pretty much all of my friends from down there. Boxing Day in rural West Wales is one of the biggest social events of the calendar - most people turn out in the town for some festive drinks, it's a great time to catch up with everyone! A large number of my friends that live in Cardiff are all from St.Davids way so they were all out and about! We started in the Farmers Arms at 1pm, at 2am Eirian received a text from me :-

"Mate, I'm in your house - Lost"

Eirian stumbled down the stairs to find me staring back up at him with a big grin on my face, which he found hilarious! The next day we watched the annual St.Davids v Exiles rugby match, it was highly entertaining but was blydi cold and the game didn't start to quickly as several players had to run to the side of the field to throw up!! The current St.Davids team ran out clear winners but it didn't really matter at the end of the day, it was good fun.

The remaining few days were spent in Bledds' house, he was still too weak to walk far after his operation but he managed to get to the pub for five pints on New Years!! We had intended to stay in and have a quiet one but we snapped at around 8pm and went to the pub which was aboslutely heaving, as I almost was the next day.

I suppose I should give a little review of my 2005 too:-

Highlight of 2005 :- Wales winning the Grand Slam and Six Nations tournament back in March
Greatest personal achievement :- Finally going to Sweden and experiencing a small part of Scandinavia
Biggest Regret :- Not going to a 'Pimp and Prostitutes' party dressed as a Shrimp.
Favourite band :- Toss up between Bedouin Soundclash and The Crimea
Best night out :- Too many to remember, infact I probably don't remember the best one at all. Ammendment: Bournemouth Uni Summer Ball, definately!
Favourite Read :- Of the not many reads last year, I thoroughly enjoyed 'A Revolutionary Life' by John Lee Anderson more than than the others.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 pm, Blogger mr. tomas ubik thought it was best to say...

nice bedouin was an influence....how canadianily rewarding.

yizo my buddy just got accepted to a teaching college in wales.

i told him if he ever wanted i could hook him up with some rad guys to slam some pints with.

know any?

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Canadianly rewarding indeed! A good shout by you though!

I sure do know some guys to slam pints with - Where's your buddy headed to? Swansea is usually a good time, Aberystwyth is excellent fun and Bangor isn't even THAT bad... but if they're going anywhere near Cardiff, there's a party goers treat waiting!

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

Sounds like much fun :)
sorry bout your cold, I got it too..yuck!
Oh well, lets hope 2006 kicks 2005's ass
:)

 
At 5:07 pm, Blogger Me Over Here thought it was best to say...

Hope you're feeling better, and I'm glad you could reflect on 2005 with affection. Sounds like your year is off to a good start. Although, I have to tell you, I won't be jumping into any sort of water until at LEAST May!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home