Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Goldfish Bowl

Now, where did I leave you lot last?

Ah Yes, Wednesday. I'd recently returned from another jaunt to our beloved capital. Thursday, I returned for more.

Work required me to attend a course in Bristol on Friday so I gave myself a head start on Wednesday night.

Bristol on Friday was pretty fun. I don't get to go to Bristol much, despite it only being 80 miles away. I had printed a map of where I was supposed to go, but luckily our offices happened to be located right on a nice part of the river bank where I'd slept for a while, waiting for a delayed (by 2 hours!) train to London a couple of years ago. Despite the weather being not as agreeable as before, I still had a little wander around. I arrived late and soaking wet (again).

Six of us attened the course, we all felt it was completely above our heads. The course was taken by a Dutch chap who had the unenviable task of teaching me something that early in the morning (9am). His English, excellent as it was, amused me several times - when he couldn't think of the word for how something worked within a program, he used the word 'Magical'!

"There is thish button here, when you presh it, it is magical and the following result appears" (Repeat to yourself in your best Dutch accent)

I might start a campaign to use the word 'Magical' more often!

The weekend started with a couple of pints it a central Bristol bar at about 6pm, Wyn and myself (being responsible Welshmen) shouted a couple of rounds and entertained the others for a while. Wyn dropped me off in Cardiff on his way home and I immediately hopped along to Eirians house where a few of us watched the Scarlets game, in which they narrowly defeated a weakened Sale side 24-23. I'm not entirely happy about that.

Saturday, I had intedned to travel to London where a group of old Uni mates were meeting up. Unfortunately, a friend of mine had fallen seriously ill back in Pembrokeshire and we went to visit him in hospital instead. He was recovering from an operation, but he was cheered up by six of us appearing to tell jokes and funny stories. Poor blighter was in agony every time he laughed though so I'm not sure if we actually had the best plan of attack there...

Eirian and myself had a nice pint in the Farmers Arms in St.Davids, then headed to the rugby club. St.Davids had just beaten Furnace by a point and the boys were all celebrating inside, we joined them for a little while but I was unable to stay long as I had to get back to Cardiff. Eirian didn't make it back, he couldn't resist a night out in St.Davids - that does take a lot of will power though!

Meanwhile, back in The 'Diff, the Phaelon lads were warming up in the George. I joined them a short while later.

We hit the Barfly...

You'll all be pleased to know that I ran into the girl that I had met the other night, it turns out she'd forgotten my name too, we all had a good laugh about it! I also had LOADS of fun meeting girls by asking them if I had walked them home the other night!

We partied at the usual intesity, causing one punter to approach us and ask what we were celebrating... "Err, Saturday night?"

We left at 2am and started walking home, Simon was a little more sober than the rest of us and asked

"Why are we leaving? Barfly is open until 3am"

We turned around and went back in...

Sunday consisted of a GIANT breakfast in Phaelon Towers and an attempt at composing a Christmas Song, with a Punk twist. We were bored.

8 Comments:

At 11:24 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

Bloody heck, you've been back and forth a bit, eh?

It's always good to have a Simon on hand: if I make it to 2am it is highly unlikely I would have such powers of reason and logic.

So what's the bird's name, did you get her *right* number? etc etc

 
At 12:03 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Yeah, Simon was outstanding - but Chris Martinis had outdone us all, he had left 3 times that night...

Girls name isn't going to appear on this blog unfortunately, neither is the confirmation of getting the *right* number - Just incase the police are monitoring this site.

 
At 3:30 am, Blogger Me Over Here thought it was best to say...

Again! You never fail to tell an interesting and entertaining tale. Have to say, though, I'm a bit disappointed that we're not getting any details on the girly--although I have come to understand others' need for privacy. Just glad you got to see her again, yay you!

How far away is Cardiff from London?

 
At 10:00 am, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

150 miles. That's my guess.

 
At 12:34 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Google maps say that it's 152 miles - That's an almighty guess!!

I would have said that it was about 4 Alanis Morissette albums away, by train of course.

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger Cleavers thought it was best to say...

After the second Alanis album, I would have thought it would only be a 30 mile journey as you would have thrown yourself out of the window by that point.

And I agree with Lanette - more details re girly. I'm currently living my love life vicariously through other people, I need all the gossip I can get.

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Chris Cope thought it was best to say...

Pictures of Ninja. Where are the pictures of Ninja?

 
At 9:45 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

There will Definately not be anymore mentions of girls here. I allowed this one because it was so bloody funny.

Besides, Chris has a far more important point. I still don't have pictures of the ninja on da blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home