Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Into the mix

It's been a busy one folks. The highlights are mostly covered in my last post.

I went to Cardiff on Tuesday to see an old mate. Dan is from Leicester and we went to Uni together for a short while, before I left after virtually disabling myself with alcohol - I had a cold from December 2001 until March the following year. We had a good time catching up and exploring the new bars of Cardiff. Tiger Tiger has opened up recently - the new 'luxury' bar. Being the social chameleons that we are, we strutted up in our glad rags and minced around drinking cocktails with the rich and famous (some random rich woman and Lote Tuqiri). The Phaelon boys had all dressed up in Christmas jumpers (sweaters, for YOU lot) which went down a storm in the club later, magical is the only way I can describe it.

The next night I was moshing it up with the best of Cardiffs' Indie crowd in Clwb Ifor Bach. The Phaelon Four provided most of the entertainment for the evening, as did the boys from Attack & Defend. We had a run in with the Ninja, a local celebrity mentioned recently over on Copes' site, dressed in full on Egyptian garb and in full on 'Staring' mode (pics to come hopefully).

Thursday, Thursday. Hmmm. Thursday was beers in the house, and a drink in the George. But we were all dying on our feet so decided to go home and pass out.

Friday, back for round two in the George. We had much better success this time around, we had sufficient energy to have a good laugh. We headed into town and to the Lloyds bar. But, finally ran out of energy and Charles accidently blew into an ashtray which caused ash to fly everywhere and it poisoned our drinks as a result. We took some photos for good measure to make it look like we were having a good night!

Saturday, up bright and early for some lovely fried breakfast. This is where we discovered that Mr.Miyagi had passed away, we were all pretty gutted, what a legend. Back at the flat, six of us consumed in the region of 65 (large) cans of Carling, 24 bottles of Grolsh, a bottle of wine, half a bottle of vodka, 6 subways and one slice of pizza as we watched the Scottish and Welsh rugby games. Not only were we very drunk but our game was extremely entertaining, which made for excessive celebrations including the spraying of some gone-off squirty cream - my clothes still stink four days later. We headed into town again, the casualties mounted as the night drew on. We ended up in Barfly, which absolutely took off as there were so many people we knew in there (plus plenty of J├Ągermeister). I found myself a mile away typing a girls number into my phone at 3am, forgetting her name at 3:01am and at 3:15am I was playing guiter in the street with two random girls. That was pretty fun but it must have been a bit chilly, my Beer Coat was done up tightly though. 4am, I was in Osians flat trying to explain to the police that Osian had passed out (He thinks he was mugged, but probably just wrecked). 4:15am, I was blogging and e-mailing, after that I was tucked up in bed safe and sound.

2pm Sunday, I came back to life. Corrected all the spelling mistakes on my blog from the night before, check my e-mails and nodded to myself contently "Ah, so that's what happened last night"

Sunday, we had our un-official Dinner Club, at which some pretty tasty Fajitas were served as we watched Point Break, one of my fave films - cheesy, but I love it! I declined a golden oppertunity to see the Prodigy play an apparently blinding set in town that evening. But I was shagged out and could only just keep my eyes open. Still, I took advantage of the new drinking laws and went to a pub to meet Greggers and Myffanwy at midnight, I just sat there and listened to them rave about how good the Prodigy were. Then, over to Phaelon towers to watch Back to the Future II - I flaked in the middle and headed back to the flat.

A manic week over.

Oh yeah, and it snowed.


Lazy Snowman


Snow at home

Also, interestingly, in relation to a previous post, I had a fortune cookie on Friday which said:-

You mind is in a state of growing dissent, which only travel will satisfy

Funny.

Sorry for making you read all that folks, I'll get the pics - they tell a better story I think.

9 Comments:

At 4:51 pm, Blogger mona thought it was best to say...

I wanna know more about this:
"We had a run in with the Ninja, a local celebrity mentioned recently over on Copes' site, dressed in full on Egyptian garb and in full on 'Staring' mode (pics to come hopefully)."

And really you missed a cance to see the Prodigy??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So you still haven't mentioned, where are you off to then?

 
At 5:24 pm, Anonymous Emma Reese thought it was best to say...

Think of your poor liver, Curly, who's begging you to give him a break.

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger Chris Cope thought it was best to say...

Christ, you make me feel old. Here's a warning: you have about three to five years before you suddenly wake up with the most debilitating hangover ever. It will feel like death. You will suffer five to ten more of them and then reach the state of life in which you do not see why anyone would want to be at the pub past 11 p.m.

I, too, am looking forward to pictures of Ninja.

 
At 11:16 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Yes Mona, I did spurn a chance to see the prodigy. I was a little bit gutted, but my wallet and my legs were um.. on their last legs.. or something. It was apparently an out of this world gig!

Emma, my liver has had plenty of practice - he's used to it now.

Chris - I know, it's inevitable. I've had a couple of those hangovers already. The most popular phrase in our flat in Cardiff is :-

"Mate" *pause* "I'm dying" *pause* "Worst day of my life"
This is usually followed by collapsing onto the bed/sofa/floor motionless for an hour, but still awake because you can't remember how to sleep.

Ninja pics are on their way, I'm in Cardiff tonight so I'll try and sort it then.

 
At 4:01 am, Blogger Me Over Here thought it was best to say...

You know, Curly Q, I should very much like to hire you as a Tour Guide because, just reading your account, I had the time of my life.

Your fortune cookies are better than ours. Ours are more like "Advice Cookies":

"Never put off tomorrow what could be done today"

What the hell? That's not a fortune...that's mom-speak. Damn cookie.

Looking forward to pictures.

 
At 7:23 am, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Wow, this must have been one merry week. Glad to see you are not saving all your merriness for X-mas, Curly!

 
At 8:23 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

It was a merry week indeed! After a little too much of the good stuff, Rudolf isn't the only one with a red nose.

MOH - My tour guide services are completely free, to most. Someone recently suggested I write a guide to Cardiff from a locals point of view. I decided that it would be fatally flawed though, as I live in Swansea.

 
At 6:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous thought it was best to say...

Hello Christoph.

*grin*

(it's luke, btw.)

 
At 8:26 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Hi Lukey!!

Glad you made it over! Now you know where to find me, you should come round more often for a nice electronic cuppa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home