Monday, August 01, 2005

Oh Dear.

I'd been really looking forward to another fun-filled weekend all of last week but after eating some dodgy potatoes on Friday evening, I have been very ill and have spent the entire weekend house-bound. Yuk.

Friday night I went out and about in Swansea, met loads of cool people and generally had a good time. I had prepared for the evening with some lovely bangers'n'mash (which I haven't had for years), the potatoes used didn't look 100% good but they certainly tasted okay! I woke up feeling not too good on Saturday and by the afternoon I was all sweaty and horrible so I took some paracetamol to try and make myself feel better. I don't usually take any medicines or tablets as I've always been of the opinion that a nice cup of tea can sort out all of your problems! A few hours after taking the Paracetamol I still felt very bad, I went to take some more but as I reached inside the packet, I noticed the expiry date - Februray, 2002!! Oh crap.


Bangers'N'Mash -Nice

So, Sunday and Monday I felt even worse, I'm a bit annoyed as I don't like taking days off from work for being sick - I get so BORED sitting around in the house. I tried writing a song about being ill on my guitar but I kept laughing too much which made me feel even worse..! I haven't taken a day off from work when I've actually been ill EVER in my 7 year working life (self-inflicted illness doesn't count) so I'm a little disappointed.

I'm still feeling pretty bad so any funny jokes/stories would be very much appreciated - not so funny that my head/stomach hurts though, just enough to make me snort like an old man!

11 Comments:

At 3:51 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

Hmmm... I'd offer up the John Motson marrying a potato joke, if it wasn't so old.

I'm cutting edge me.

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Definately no potato jokes either, thanks for the offer though Huw!

 
At 9:35 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

Sorry no jokes from me, you poor person!

Well we know how anal i am, just the sound of "potatos used didnt look 100% good" makes me feel ill!!

Ok here's a joke... What's ET short for?

Coz he's only got little legs

 
At 10:38 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Thanks Aarti - that was just fine. Not funny enough to make me ill but funny enough to make me laugh a little!!

 
At 5:46 pm, Blogger mr. tomas ubik thought it was best to say...

nice, i love the bangers and mash pic...it looks so authentically eek i feel as though i was just rained on under big ben on my way to the chelsea match.


have no fear im not a chelsea fan. ill keep my true allegiances to a season where it doesnt look like i just jumped on a champions league bandwagon. danny murphy is the shit...

curly you wanted canadian music, well right now the best canadian music is represented by the arts and crafts label out of montreal. The artists to look for are the following:

the bedouin soundclash (not on A&C but damn good)

broken social scene
metric
stars
death from above 1979
apostle of hustle


thatll get ya started.

 
At 5:48 pm, Blogger mr. tomas ubik thought it was best to say...

im gonna link ya...

 
At 7:08 pm, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Poor you, I sure hope you will feel much better soon, but your plate, truly looks like a piece of art! Excellent job. And do you always drink coffee with your meals?

 
At 2:29 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Link away Eano - will link back. Cheers for the tips, the only ones I've heard are Bedouin Soundclash. Think I heard them on Mike Davies' show (Canuck Radio 1 DJ incase you've not heard of him).

I'll check out the others for sure.

Unfortunately Astrid, the pic isn't mine and is only a result of Google Images. My Bangers N Mash always has a smiley face made out of the sausages and a large dollop of Leek Mustard on the side. Also I only drink Coffee when Tea just doesn't quite reach the spot..!

 
At 11:06 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

aw bless you. i admit i have never heard of anyone getting ill from bad potatoes before. perhaps because if you do get ill from bad potatoes, then you get so ill you die, and then can't tell anyone about it. but don't worry, im sure that won't happen to you. ;)

 
At 11:07 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

*suddenly very worried that perhaps you may actually be dead as you haven't posted since last week, and what how your parents would feel reading your blog and then my comment*

 
At 11:08 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

*or indeed, if they then read my next comment. i'll stop commenting now ...*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home