Friday, August 12, 2005

Lacking in fun.

Isn't it crap not having any money?

I've been stuck in Swansea all week with absolutely nothing to do as I try to get a little bit of cash together. It absolutely sucks. I've not been out (drinking) with my mates for a whole 9 days now it's definitely getting to me. That's a lie actually, played a round of golf last Friday with a couple of lads that Andy knows, we played real golf (ie. with Carling) and then had A drink in the town centre afterwards.

See, it's a funny situation that I'm in. I live in a house with my landlord (who's 52 years old), his son Gareth (200% "Trekkie") and a fat kid called Owen (who has now started stealing my food). The company in the house means that I don't really have much to talk to any of them about. I moved to Swansea to get this great job but unfortunately I don't know anyone else that lives here. Usually I head to either Cardiff or St.Davids to hook up with all my mates but a lack of funds has prevented that happening recently. On top of the lack of social activity, my CD player has decided to break after about 12months of threatening to. SO, I can't even sit in my room and listen to music all evening - which is very bad indeed. Although, this has forced me to listen to the Radio more, Kiwi Zane Lowe, Canuck Mike Davies, Manc Mark Radcliffe and the legend that is Huw Stephens have been great fun once again - providing loads of new and interesting tracks to listen to.


Boredom Catching

Last weekend I went back to visit my parents up in the hills of West Wales, at least there's nothing to spend money on up there, apart from the pub of course. All weekend I did absolutely nothing, other than kick around the house and sit in the garden quite a lot.


The pub back at home - old, but nice

Something had better happen soon or I'm going to explode out of sheer boredom. And yes, I've already tried making models of Swedish families using toilet rolls and yellow wool.


A Bear Funnel

I'm heading back home again this weekend specially for the World famous Brecon Jazz festival. I'll be up there on Saturday night no doubt, soaking up the atmosphere. Should be a good laugh.

3 Comments:

At 3:50 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

Ur bored! U have a job and a bedroom. I have no job and my parents lounge. Pity me if you must pity at all!!

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Okay, I'll give you a little pity Aarti!

But you do have a husband, dancing classes and get to dress up in colourful clothes a lot.

Not that I'm into any of that but, it's something to do eh?!

 
At 12:11 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

Ok I have a husband, but he's not much fun at the moment, stressing about the house and looking for a new job... and my dancing stuff is all over, atleast for a few months... and no more dressing up now for over a month,

so I'm really still bored! u have a job n get drunk every day! I get to eat salad, gym and drink water!

Im such a whiner! (and i dont actually eat salad anymore! cant be arsed!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home