Friday, August 19, 2005

I have the best boss ever!

Friday lunchtime - a new guy, Wyn has started here. He's been living in Sydney (Aus) for the last year but decided to move back to Wales and get a job with us about three weeks ago. On Wyns' first Friday here, he said "Usually in Sydney, we would go for a couple of pints at lunch and just relax for the rest of the afternoon"

My boss said "That's a fucking good idea!". This has been our third Friday in the pub, we had an extra-long lunch break so we could sample some of the Ciders on display in a local bar. As we all got up to leave (after 2hrs in the bar) my boss said "Right, it's time to go back to work, but you can stay here if you want, I don't care"

Could you ask for a better boss?!

We've all come back to the office anyway but no-one is doing work at warp speed. The sun has just come out again too... the world is looking great again!

4 Comments:

At 4:57 pm, Blogger Huw thought it was best to say...

Good effort by the boy Wyn! That's the way Friday's should be.

 
At 12:39 pm, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Wow, I would nearly build him a palace like the Taj Mahal and volunteer to be his most loyal servant.

 
At 9:52 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Yes, it IS the way Fridays should be! I'm not sure the company feels the same way though as I was a bit wobbly all of Friday afternoon...

Hmmm, I could build a Taj Mahal-esque monument - but I think that I might save that for when the love of my life is cruelly taken from me at an early age! I might just buy him a cake instead.

 
At 7:59 am, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Okay, or how about baking a home-made cake then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home