Friday, August 12, 2005

Fat Band Names

Mark Radcliffe had an interesting feature on his Radio 2 show last night. It started out being a feature about Good band names (ie The Rolling Stones) and Bad band names (ie Coldplay). But that ended up going off on a tangent when Mark mentioned that he had been to see a Fat tribute band to the Beastie Boys named the 'Obesity Boys', the e-mails piled in as listeners came up with more throughout the show - bloody hilarious!

Amongst the many that appeared:-

Dire Weights (Dire Straits)
Half Biscuit, Half Biscuit (Half man, half biscuit)
Bio-Mass inDexys midnight runners (hmmm)
Fat Boy Fat (Fat boy slim)
Expanded Ballet (Spandeau Ballet)
Lard Zeppelin (Led Zep)
Portlyhead (Portishead)
The Blubberhood of Mann (indeed)
KFC/DC (AC/DC)
Soft Cellulite (Soft Cell)
Deep Fried Purple
The flaimng Liposuction (The flaming Lips)
Girth, Wind and Fire
Shawaddlewaddle (Shawaddywaddy)
Fleetwood Big Mac

6 Comments:

At 3:48 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

Radio 2... I mean, really, Mark Radcliffe is not good! Chris Moyles is brilliant ( I know you dont like him!) he is so funny though - that Sara Cox used to suck in the morning, she was so byurgh... Chris Moyles really is the saviour of Radio 1.

I could get a job in their marketing dept i reckon

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger mr. tomas ubik thought it was best to say...

how bout AC/CME (AC/DC) it was one guy who did accoustic covers of the band...Ive also seen a band called hells bells who was not so accoustic but looked the part. mmm poor zepplin covers....righteous.

 
At 9:08 am, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Me and my triple cheeseburgers, are laughing out loud.

 
At 10:13 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

ARV - I've said this before and I'll say it again, Mark Radcliffe is a genius! Comedy Dave carries that breakfast show I'm telling you!

Eano - There was a good AC/DC name actually... but I've forgotten it.

Astrid - I'm glad your cheeseburgers are laughing out loud, I hope they didn't wake up the neighbours?

 
At 8:30 am, Blogger Astrid thought it was best to say...

Nope, the neighbors are still sound asleep! I think it is time for me to go over with some coffee, orange juice, and croissants, that will carry them through most of the day and will make them love me even more than they already do or maybe I should just wake them up with my-not-so-fancy-opera-singing-skills? You choose!

 
At 10:25 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Opera singing wins by a country mile! (Althoug Opera singing while juggling croissants will surely put them in a good mood for the day)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home