Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A large helping of Rugby.

Last week I had a couple of comments made about how I went on a bit too much in my last post - both from Women (?). As I like to take care of my readers as much as possible - I decided to stay at home all weekend and not do a single thing!

But, as always in my exciting life - plenty of exciting things happened! One of these exciting things was that for the first time in my life I snored while I was awake - that was pretty clever I thought!

Friday night I just sat in the house playing guitar/x-box and just listening to some new music (check out link in the sidebar to one of my favorite new tunes by a band named 'Fleeing New York').

Saturday I had to get up nice and early to catch the first Lions game of the tour against Rotorua-based team 'Bay of Plenty'. The game was surprisingly evenly matched. The Lions produced some fine rugby in the first 15mins running in three tries (of which only one was converted by Ronan O'Gara) but slacked off for most of the game only to finish just as strong as they had started. ROG had a funny game, some of his play was amazingly brilliant but that was negated by playing shit in other areas of the game (ie place kicking). Josh Lewsey, the English fullback was outstanding - his family is Welsh which is a bit of a bugger, he's playing for the wrong team!! Tries came from Lewsey (2), Cueto, Gordon D'Arcy, Tom Shanklin and Dwayne Peel. A good performance from the Welsh lads. Final score was Lions 32 - 20 BoP.


BoD is GoD as they say...

Another outstanding performance was put in by the Welsh squad in East Hartford, CT. as they destroyed a weak USA team. I was expecting a win but this was a comprehensive rout! A complete mis-match. Andy asked me to text him whenever there was a score, I was on my phone the entire match as Wales knocked up 77 points to USAs' 3. Oh dear. Ceri Sweeney put his flaky form to rest to convert 100% of the 11 tries - that was good to see. The American that stood head and shoulders above his team mates was Mike Hercus the Fly-half - he'll be joining the Scarlets for next season so I'm looking forward to seeing him perform like that at Stradey. Every single one of the boys put in a great performance and it looks like Canada are going to be in a spot of trouble this coming Saturday.


Blues Fly Half Nicky Robinson breaks

Plans for the rest of the week - nothing much in an attempt to save money. I may check out the National Swimming Pool at some point, otherwise it's just lots of walks along the beach - the best things in life eh? The folks and little Sis are coming down to Swansea to watch Star Wars so I expect that I'll join in with that too.

Safe.

5 Comments:

At 5:31 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

Much better. My short-attention span thanks you.

 
At 6:01 pm, Blogger Chris Cope thought it was best to say...

That was just mean, how Wales wiped the pitch with Americans. Running up the score like that would be borderline unsportsmanlike if we didn't all know that the Americans would do exactly the same thing if they could. I had expected a U.S. loss, but this was just brutal. I seriously wonder if my Division II rugby team would have performed much worse.

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

It may well have been a shorter post, but it made no sense to me, rugby rugby rugby. I am a girl after all. Sorry

 
At 12:30 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

I suppose it could have been perceived as mean, but you're right... if it'd been the other way round!

I particularly liked Ceri Sweeney (no.12) dragging your second row about 8 metres upfield by his shirt collar!!

Girls, glad you managed this one better!! Sorry about all the rugby though, I really hadn't done anything else on the weekend! Big one planned though...

 
At 3:01 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Iwish I'd seen the wales game!
Shame... I do live in England at the mo mind and don't have sky...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home