Tuesday, April 26, 2005

There once was a boy named Chris...

Right, not done much at all revently over the last couple of weeks I'm afraid. As I don't know anyone in Swansea just yet, I've been spending my evenings shopping in Tescos (endless fun! - seriously) and then cooking all the nice food that I've bought there!

I've been in Cardiff for the last two weekends, I've gone to the George and to the George and the students union mostly! Saw Ginger Rob and Turner last week in the George but didn't say anything as I was feeling completely disabled (hungover) and was in a bad mood anyway!

Have been watching all the rugby, Leeds beating Bath in the Powergen cup (I think) and then the two Heineken cup semis - which saw Stade Francais clinch a (very) late winner against Biarritz and Toulouse overpower Leicester. Watched the Toulouse v Leicester game in the pub but I became very miffed when they flicked over to the Kiss-ball on the other channel. No-one was interested in Man U beaeting someone AGAIN, suppose thats what you get for thinking that a pub in CARDIFF - THE CAPITAL BLEEDING CITY might show the national game. I got very miffed in fact and stormed out of the pub, suggesting that they make Aberystwyth the capital instead on the way. As it was a lovely day on Sunday I decided to look up some old mates, some of the guys I'd worked with in Black Horse in Cardiff about a year ago. I wasn't entirely sure of the house number but I located them by knocking on the door with the rather out-of-place brown smears all over it! They were all stoned but it was good having a catch up with them all the same - plus, they had Sky sports news on so at least I had half a chance of catching the rugby results!

Got back into the house on Sunday to find that the landlord has his daughter round to stay as her mum (they're seperated) has kicked her out. So, we've now got a 13 year old in our house all the time too - I've got a funny feeling that more is going to happen around this house, watch this space!

So, back into work again - all going swimmingly! We're not entirely busy but I've still got plenty to do so that's pretty good at the moment. Lots of trips to Cardiff coming up I think - oooh, I get a shiver just being close to the George..!

Oh yes, the weather is seemingly picking up - considering buying myslef a new surfboard to take to the water down on Rhossili Bay. Will have to see about that one, plus, I need a car to strap it to. hmmm.


Rhossili Beach - lush.

Cooked a luscious Curry last night, I had fully intended to keep some to give to Neil and Karl in work for their lunch but it was so nice, I decided to eat it all myself and promptly felt a little bit too full as a result. That'll teach me to share more in the future...

Onto Lauras stick thing....

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451; which book do you want to be?
Not entirely sure about this one Laura - you obviously did more research on it than me. I'm taking it as "Which book would you like to burn?" In which case it's have to be a really big one as I'd probably be burning it to keep warm. But, common sense says that this isn't what the question asks.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Nope - can't say I have. All cartoon type people are too slutty and the ones in books are completely up to your own imagination, and they change a little each time you read them. movies on the other hand.... or perhaps that's just actors. And they're real people really...

3. What are you currently reading?
No story books, just a Psychology orientated book titled "How the brain works" by a chap named Stephen Pinker. The book starts with the words "No-one knows how the brain works...." so there's a little bit of comedy in there too. Very interesting.

4. The last book you bought was?
Was actually the Lonely Planet guide to Australia and I bought that in 2000. I now just swap or borrow books, It's cheaper and more fun! The last story book I bought though was probably something called 'Sword Point' by someone I can't remember - a militay book about a load of people in a fictional war killing eachother - very enjoyable and well written. Think I talked about it for my GCSE English Oral.

5. The last book you read was?
JPR's autobiography - I love rugby, what more can I say?

6. Which Five books you would take to a desert island?
Five?!

Ugh. umm.. er..

Ray Mears' extreme survival?
Something about how to build a boat... or how to kill a polar bear.

I don't know - I'm not into books at the moment really. I used to be when I was younger, now I just look on the Internet for any information I need. And listen to music to chill out, cheer up, whatever.


Actually, one I would definatelty take is Edward Lears complete book of nonsense! It's always made me laugh ever since I could read! I must for anyone I think - it's very much my sense of humour and the limericks, poems and ballads get the imagination going!

7. Who are you going to pass this stick to, and why?
Gonna have to Pass it to Owz and Aarti - Owz because he reads a lot and needs some extra content for his blog I'm sure (joke..) and Aarti because she hasn't actually written anything on her blog for yonks and I miss it..!

Bye!

3 Comments:

At 7:15 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Cheers Curly, well it is true I am running low on 'A' material...
I'm not drinking as much, so that must be why - saving jobs in the air like... jobs out your way? I do think Abertawe would be too much to take though...

 
At 11:05 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Swansea really isn't that bad - I'm enjoying it (though I spend three nights a week in Cardiff). Haven't seen any jobs of note around - will keep the eyes peeled though.

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

Awe thats so nice of you - but now u found my real blog (i dunno how u missed it, its months old now!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home