Monday, March 07, 2005

How do vampires have such nice hair when they can't see their reflection?


Suspiciously nice hair?
I'm absolutely knackered - The last couple of weeks have been pretty tough on the old drinking muscles!

Couple of weekends ago I traveled down to Oxford to meet up with a couple of mates - Kelly, who I stayed with in Calgary last summer and a couple of other girls, Chloe and Donna who had stayed in the same hostel as me in Cairns back in '01. Woke up pretty late on the Saturday and had to peg it down to Oxford so that I could catch the rugby. Sped into the centre of town an panicked as I couldn't find any parking spaces, I eventually found one right in the centre of town, really didn't have time to look anymore as K.O. was in 10 minutes. I found a lovely parking ticket for £40 tucked into my wipers the next morning but I really didn't care as I'd just watched one of the best games of rugby in the 6 Nations of recent years... Like most of the Welsh people in the O'Neills in Oxford that afternoon I was shaking my head in "Here we go again" fashion. Halftime game, and went, I couldn't watch us get destroyed anymore. Off I went for a piss - through the door, down the steps, along the corridor, into the bogs and was just about to drain the dragon when I heard a HUGE roar from upstairs - Martyn Williams had just scored. I belted it back up the stairs and before I'd found my seat again, he was running in another! Game on!! Everyone knows that the game ended at 24-18 to Wales.. amazing. I'd watched the game with a lad called Clem (from home but studying in Oxfrord), he had to run off afterwards while I went to meet the girls in a pubs somewhere, grinning inanely. Had a good night in all, loads of people coming up to me and congratulated me on the win... shedloads of Welsh jerseys out! One of the nicest sights I've ever seen in Oxford!!

Drove home on the Sunday, almost crying with happiness as I drove over Offas dyke back into Wales - the Beacons were snow-capped, the sun was out, the road was empty and everyone seemed to have a grin on their faces accompanied by bags under their eyes... lovely!!

Last week, work took me down to Cardiff all week. Drove down on Monday and stayed with the boys. We were interviewing traffic in Cardiff for work so I had to get up at 5:30am to be on a roadside somewhere by 6:30am - outside all day until 7pm.... I was going to struggle so I thought the best thing to do was to get drunk in the George! Bledd and Ali came down with me, drunk we got. Got up on Tues morning dying. Somehow lasted all day Tuesday. Was fun, the police pulled people over and we asked them where they had just come from and where they were off to next - easy. Everyone was pretty good-spirited despite the shitty cold, weather and shitty drivers. Could have been classed as dead Tuesday evening, my heart rate was almost non-existent and I couldn't talk. George then... hammered. The theme continued until Friday, wake up early, get cold all day and go to the George. Friday, Sat were different as I just stayed in the George pretty much all day! Union on Friday night, had a cracker! Just had great fun dancing and chatting with everyone - it was one of those nights where everyone is your best friend!! (no illegal substances though...!)

My old housemate, Helen was in town after being abroad since October - was fun to see her again, but she caused all her usual trouble... (Owain remembers why) very funny!

Also fell down most of the steps on that rail bridge you walk on between Richmond road and the Gassy Jacks area.. was saying something really serious to Greggers when I stumbled and flopped/rolled down the rest of the steps... Arrived in Gassy Jacks limping, bleeding from my elbows, fingers, wrists, knees and chin! Don't know why I didn't pull that night! Was very funny but I still can't walk properly due to a dead leg. Ow.

Soldier on though - drove back to the scene of my crimes today with work again. Drove around visiting all the interview sites for this week - had a chat with everyone and then saw some of the boys back towards the George.

Only got home from work at 7:30pm tonight, have just eaten and I'm knackered. Must recharge batteries for weekend...

8 Comments:

At 9:53 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

How come everyone can think of funky titles, but I cant

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

That girl! what an effing pain in the ass she was - she was jealous as she wanted you all to herself... I hope you gotsomething out of it and if you didn't... Get A Grip Man!

BTW - Bring On The Weekend!!!!!!

 
At 1:53 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Aarti, in response to your comment - do you think it could be because Owain and I are slighty wierd?

Owz, Not done Helen - she just does a great job providing us with more of her female mates!! He he.

Sitting in work not doing much of it - spending all my time looking at BBC rugby, planetrugby.com and rugbyrugby.com - just incase one site knows something that the other doesn't!! Can't wait!!

 
At 9:26 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

This survey thing you are doing roadside - on Western Ave by Tesco by any chance?

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Yeah, Western and Southern Av. yesterday - u get stopped? Hope you were polite to all the cold people standing round asking questions! I've not been involved (thankfully) this week, just organinsing stuff.

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:15 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

Where'd my comment just go. Argh Blogger is messed up.

I drove past slowly, and it just so happened my window was dirty so I had to spray water and start my wipers, thus flicking water on everyone standing on the kerb. Ha ha ha (evil laugh).

No, I thought u might have been there - I did try to pick you out though! I didnt get stopped, not good enough, obviously.

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

Dude were u on Leckwith Hill for that survey thing yesterday?

And was that you on Ferry Road Roundabout today too?

Are you following my every step (or drive I suppose)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home