Wednesday, February 02, 2005

On the Mumbles, Down the Jacks.

Tell you what - the last week has gone flying past! It's Thursday again tomorrow - not for the first (or the last) time this year though. I finished my job in the welders last Friday after working two weeks of notice and celebrated by eating more than I usually do for dinner, then I had a beer to wash it down! Loverlee. Felt stuffed soon afterwards *note to self, don't eat like a fucking pig* so just plonked my tiny little arse down on the sofa a did sweet FA, couldn't even be bothered to pick up the TV remote - great! If ignorance is bliss, laziness is Heaven!

Saturday was Bleddyns' 21st birthday down in St.Davids so off I trundled at about mid-day for some afternoon drinking. Called into Greggers in Haverfordwest on the way - he was too ill to make it out, he's a sucker for those sore throats - nothing to do with drinking I'm sure. He hauled his ass out of bed later in the evening to join us for a couple of hours at least. Got into the Farmers arms at about 1pm I think, met up with Bleddyn, Eirian, Osian and his mate Neil from Bournemouth (was the poor lads first time in Wales and I don't think he got such a good impression of the country life). Shot some pool, drank some booze then went back into Haverford for more drinking and to watch the Man U v someone footy. I'm usually subjected to Man U games when Greggers is around but after about five minutes, the large screen in the pub flicked over to S4C and the Scarlets v Munster game! Much to everyone's disappointment apart from Osians and mine! We loved it! Scarlets put in one of their best performances of the season and carved out a 32-17 score at the end against a pretty much full-strength Munster team! I was so happy, I decided to have another drink...

Had a few slapping competitions whilst waiting for the taxi back to St.Davids, not fun but it passes the time quite quickly. They competition was cut short though when two tramps fancied their chances.... I just went to get some chicken to fill ma belly . Went back to..... Farmers i think, then onto the Rugby Club where I promptly went to sleep on the bench. Slept even more back at Bledds house before leaving early in the morning. Happy Birthday mate!

Sunday I went to visit my sister (who also lives in Haverfordwest), had planned on getting breakfast but I left it too late and she had to go to work in the gym. I turned up, used the gym shower, gave her some mail from home and drove back home again. Once home, I felt like clearing my head a bit so I went for a walk up onto the moor on top of the mountain behind the house - it was absolutely stunning! I hadn't had such a good walk in ages! Took about 2hrs I think, and I didn't even have to rush back for Scrum V afterwards!

Monday, went to Swansea to see the guys in the office about this new job, had a kind of informal interview and just left it at - "You'll hear from us soon". I'd better hear from them soon as I don't have a job at the moment - the money is okay at the mo but there's an entire 6 Nations coming up... the most expensive time of the year (Including Christmas)! I had about 3hrs to kill in Swansea so I took a walk up Constitution hill, then back down again onto the beach, I then walked all the way along the beach to Mumbles. I had remembered a really nice Chip shop in Mumbles but of course, after 1hrs walk there - it had closed for an 'Annual Holiday' Still, I remained upbeat and bought a prawn sandwich from Co-op! Yum.

The last two days have been spent being unemployed- playing computer games, playing guitar, typing random words into Google - you know the type. I'm expecting tomorrow to be the same - Friday though I'll head down to the Big C in preparation for the Rugby on Sat. Can't wait! I'm already tingling with excitement!

Ho Hum, doubt I'll update until after the weekend again. Maybe on Friday to tell you how excited I am....

3 Comments:

At 11:21 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

I don't get it? So you havent got the job in Swansea?

 
At 9:55 am, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Get a job back in the 'diff then... or up in Manc

 
At 11:17 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

They offered the job to me but unfortunately I don't yet have a start date - bit of a bugger really. Won't move back to Cardiff, bit too expensive at the moment! Just weighing up options at the mo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home