Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Trip to Old Trafford - Not what I'd planned for today.

Didn't even get up until midday today, slept on the Sofa in the boys flat in Cardiff, Greggers woke me up and said that we had to go as Paul was coming to pick us up to go to Manchester. Just about managed to get myself up, was still feeling a bit sick after the Swansea exploits two nights ago but that was fixed by a swift Guinness in the George. James was working behind the bar and was more than happy to ply us with alcohol at such an early time! Paul picked us up at sometime in the afternoon and we started on our way up to Manc. Reason why we are going - Paul Martin (Greggers mate from St.Davids) had won two tickets to go and see Manchester United play Spurs at old Trafford with a nights accommodation thrown in, he had decided to take Greggers along with him and I just went for the ride really. We arrived in Manc sometime around 6:30pm, we dumped all our stuff in the hotel room and had to hot-foot it down to Old Trafford to pick up the tickets for the boys at 7:30pm. Greggers mate Howells met us at the stadium so we both went off to find a pub while the other two watched the game. The pub we found was called 'The Trafford'. The game wasn't particularly interesting (is football ever? - don't answer that one) apart from an incident where a Spurs shot was fumbled by Carroll, the Man U keeper, and went over the line by about 3 yrds before he managed to slap it back out - the goal was dis-allowed, controversial...! But I don't give a shit!

By the time that we found Greggers and paul again, it was 11pm and all hope of going into Manchester drinking had been dashed. The only places open were Gay Bars or Hard Rock nights, we managed to find a bar that was open for ten minutes so we had a quick pint, then a kebab and then back to the hotel! Owain, sorry I didn't get in touch with you - I had to stick to the boys schedule and didn't want to fuck you about telling you we were here then there etc. Up at midday the next day, the boys had a tour round the footy grounds so I went off to have a look at the Imperial War Museum, it's the first museum that I'd been to for a while and I found it very interesting! I did get quite scared at one point though where I had obviously not taken note of any announcements made over the loudspeakers when suddenly all the lights cut out and I realised that I was on my own, in the dark! I turns out that there was a film going on just around the corner and they'd turned the lights out to show it, everyone else was sitting down watching it while I was creeping around trying to not make my presence known in case I embarrassed myself even more! I eventually found a room with lights on so I stayed there until the lights came back on about 10 minutes later and casually walked back out in to the main area as though nothing had happened!!

We drove home as soon as the boys had finished their tour and Paul dropped me and Greggers off in Cardiff on the way back to St.Davids. We walked straight to the George for a few pints, Scouse was working along with a couple of other girls that I didn't know the name of (One was later introduced to me as Carly - I think, nice girl anyway). We knew that this was going to transform from a quiet drink into a piss-up as soon as Greggers decided to buy a couple of aftershocks, ooh. Dropped out stuff off back at the flat (pretty half-cut by this point) and charged into town. We Agreed that the only decent place on a Wednesday would be Lloyds bar so we headed inside and just got leathered again. Bumped into a few people we know then crashed back at the house.

Next day we just chilled around the flat, Bowen has just bought a new sound system so we just watched films and played on the x-box all night. The only time I went outside was to pick up food and beer. So, a night in with the boys - something I haven't done since my Ninian Road days back last June! Was good fun. Watched films until 5am I think it was before finally passing out.

Jon woke me up at 12:30pm by thrusting an x-box controller in to my hand and instructing me on how to use it! Funny. Played more x-box until we'd completed halo 2 then I caught the train back to Swansea and the bus back to Ammanford. My brother picked me up and drove me home, food then crashed out again - finally back in my own bed since New Years eve!

Today, I slept until about 3pm. My Parents have taken my brother back down to Southampton to start Uni again on Monday and they're staying over night. I'm left to look after my little Sister (who's 12) while they're away. We've had a night in eating pizza, drinking beer and watching movies - who else is going to teach her how to do it otherwise?!!

Right, off to bed then. It's 4:46am and I'm fucking shattered. Sunday tomorrow, I know that I'll sleep for most of it then it's back into the routine of getting up at 7am and working all day in a job that I don't really enjoy. Can't wait, Fucking A.

10 Comments:

At 8:53 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Rather Offended you didn't call by dude!

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

so really owain, what he's written in this post, is that he could have come to the ball and he didnt take his brother back to Uni?

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

What's this? The movement police?! 1. Look, O, I've said why I didn't hook up with you mate - I went up to Manc with Greggers and a couple of boys that I don't know that well, it was their trip to see Man U play and I couldn't have said "Guys, I'm just going to piss off for a while while I see my own mates, thanks for the free trip up by the way!" Plus, I didn't have any mobile cred (worse excuse?). 2. I was going back to SEE my brother before he left, would have loved to gone to the ball but I was really run-down after a week of running around the country (I can send a sample of snot if you like?) drinking. Don't do it kids - it's not good for you. Sorry I couldn't make either, really hope we catch up again soon.

 
At 8:37 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

chill!!!! (the time on all those photos are wrong by the way!!)

 
At 10:13 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

I did wonder what a HBOS ball was doing going past 3am.... Sorry, for the excessive comment-making - should have written a blog entry of 'excuses for the day' Ha Ha!

 
At 10:36 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Whoa! Just yanking you're chain dude... Easy mun!

 
At 10:44 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Dim Prob mate, was annoyed about missing you in Manc and then you and Po going out the night that I left Cardiff - but enough is enough sometimes....only sometimes though. It's my birthday on Sat 22nd - I'll be in the you-know-where then, don't worry if Cardiff 3 times in one month is too much though - I understand! ;-)

 
At 10:37 pm, Blogger Art thought it was best to say...

I wonder, is the you-know-where where I think it is, up the road (well you know whitchurch rd then crwys road, its all 1 straight road)

 
At 8:19 pm, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Uh huh, on the corner of Crwys, Richmond, City, Albany and Inverness! My that's a lot of roads...

 
At 12:01 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

The Five Points...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home