Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Third sheep on the right and straight on til morning...

I hadn’t told any of my family that I was coming home on Thursday as it was my Mums birthday and I was planning to surprise her. I took the long journey from Cardiff to Swansea on the train, then the bus from Swansea to Llandeilo (passing through Ammanford, lots of lovely memories came floating back…). Dad picked me up from Llandeilo and finally we got home. Nothing at all had changed, still farmers arguing about Porta-cabins on their land, or their Sons cavorting with girls from the local town. All totally normal stuff. Mum was pretty surprised to see me, but I was even more surprised to find that it was actually her birthday the day before! We all had a nice chat and Mum asked to see my video of Canada – but, I explained that she couldn’t yet as it had to be er, edited, first!

So, like I said, usual stuff at. An Apple day on Saturday (don’t ask) and a game of football on TV (not nice to watch really). I was more interested in the opportunity to see Rugby again – Scarlets played Connaught on Saturday night. We played pretty awfully really. We stared well getting to 10-0 quite early on after a Dwayne Peel try. But, we started to slip in the sencond – and Connaught ended up sealing their win with a late penalty and try, ending the game at 29-21. Still, not all doom and gloom - Toulouse next! (ahem)

Today it’s Monday and I need to find a job, a uni course or something else to occupy myself as home has already begun to get on my nerves.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

Man how confused was I... one minute ur in wales then suddenly ur back at Ann's?!
Welcome back to freezing Wales. It was absolutely f-ing freezing in Cardiff today. I aint going shopping til next July now.
And Im sure you'll get a job soon. I think it is just me who's unemployable. And not trying hard enough to find work.

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

the truth will out!

 
At 9:55 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Aye - I'm gasping to see rygbi too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home