Thursday, September 23, 2004

Where have all the good people gone?

Montreal, it's pretty French. Nice French architecture, nice French food and no French people because they're all Canadian! Genius! Trip over sucked, missed my flight at 11am Monday so slept for 3hrs in the departure lounge until the next flight. Four and a half hours in the middle aisle of the plane (no view) between a Korean dude (no conversation) and a Mother and 1yr old (no sleep). Some stupid Chinese girl took my rucksack (as she thought it was hers, oh you've got a Welsh flag on yours as well then?) from the bus into downtown, it was midnight and I had to wait around for freaking ages for it to come back. Into the hostel at about 1am, quite possibly one of the best hostels I've ever been to! A plus point at last!

Went out in Montreal last night with a load of international kids, spent the entire night with two Aussies that live in Edinburgh, a couple Canadians and a mexican girl call Vileda (I believe..) Good night all round, drunk on two pitchers so danced like a goon (love dancing quite a lot) for a while before retiring at some point in the morning. Woke up two German girls when I got back into the room by falling out of the top bunk during the night! They weren't best pleased but cheered up when I complimented them on their skimpy underwear when I caught a sight of them prancing around in the morning!

Today, met a Scottish guy named Russell and we both took to the streets to find shit to do. Discovered that they'd closed down the main street to hold a rock concert and to play street hockey. That's the second city that I've seen that happen! Who gives a shit about people trying to get to and from work, let's just play hockey and Rock!! Walked up Mount Royal (not really a mountain, only 233 metres tall), the hill that the city was named after. Tried my hand at French for the first time in ages, think I called the woman in the supermarket a whore rather than say thanks!!

Quiet drinks tonight, loads of English and Aussies around tonight, so I doubt it'll be quiet at all really! Can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 4:00 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

Im so tired I cant even think of any comments forget witty ones. All I can say is Im jealous. I dont even know you and Im jealous. Its rained today and my hair frizzed and I've not gotten drunk is ages.

 
At 6:39 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where’s the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?

Isn’t there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and turn and dream of what I need

I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the night
He’s gotta be strong
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There’s someone reaching back for me

Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It’s gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet

I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the night
He’s gotta be strong
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life

Up Where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I would swear that there’s someone somewhere
Watching me
Through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like a fire in my blood

I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the night
He’s gotta be strong
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life

Are you wistfull for a crawl down the mumbles mile...?

 
At 10:47 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

Where are you? Still alive? Have you not got £££ to get online?!

 
At 7:01 am, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Indeed, where are you now fella'?

 
At 10:56 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

so ur back and theres still no update. i wanna know if ur flight back was full of brown people who ignored all the sit down belts on etc signs and wandred up and down, opening the overhead baggage cabiny things and generally being a nuisance coz that always happens to me every year (but I suppose it would on a flight to Bombay)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home