Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Oh! How we used to laugh...

I feel the need to start every entry with the word "So", this isn't because "La" is a note that follows, but because it's a kind of fed-up way of saying "I haven't done that much recently but I'll try to write something interesting at least". It's also the word that people use when there's a longer-than-usual gap in the conversation (Apart from certain people that I know that will fart just as the pause gets too long...) "Soooooo, what's happening then?"

So, the title of this little entry. How the Brits joke that every corner shop is run a certain Mr.Patel or one of his cousins! I really liked Mr.Patel in the corner shop in Llandeilo but he never seemed to trust me anywhere near the beer section... But, my point. The Brits have a good laugh at the corner shop phenomenon but in Canada, there's nothing. I have to walk for 30mins just to buy a loaf of bread (people in parts of Kenya may be thinking that I'm a cheeky bastard but bare with me), no longer can I wander along to the cornershop in just my underwear and buy a can of beans without anyone batting an eyelid. I feel empty. If I've learnt anything from being in Canada, it's the value of the local store. Thank you to Mr.Patel in the Llandeilo Spar, and to all cornership owners that sold me food and cheap beer whenever I needed it! Finally, I'd like to say sorry to the guy that runs the cornershop on Tewkesbury St in Cathays for stealing your "Play the lottery here" sign while your sales of lottery tickets were at an all time low... I gave it back in the end because I felt bad!

The last few days have been spent either sleeping in the house or pretending to sleep at work. Business is slow and there's not that much to do apart from make rude shapes out of the mashed potato in the restaurant kitchen. You would be surprised how many herbs resembled pubic hair! We finally decided on using cress for "La pubes" and Rosemary for those funny hairs on "La balls". I've used crappy French for the purpose of not offending people that read this, it lessens the blow, I've found. The only people that I've offended now are the French no doubt "Yoo r not Fronch and yoo insult mon language weeth yoor deesgusting grammar! I spit on yooo"

Brit has had her boyfriend, Greg, staying with us for the last few days. He's been good company and we've sunk many nasty beers together but today was their last day in the house. Brit and Greg are moving into a new house across the street tomorrow and I think I'll kind of miss them. Brit has been great, kind of like a girlfriend that I couldn't touch, and Greg has been a drinking buddy that I couldn't drink an O-bomb in front of - just incase I embarass myself too much!! A new guy named Keffrey is moving in tomorrow, he's a 29yr old Jamaican guy, ripped to shit but seems nice enough. Kind of a weird replacement for Brit though!

Well. Have to work for the next 3 nights. Hope something interesting happens before I go as I need a few good stories to tell.

On the same subject. One of the waitresses that I quite liked, Lucy, stayed for a few drinks the other night. She's a totally nice girl, only 18, which surprised me as she seems to know a lot about everything and also seems quite mature. I didn't like her just to French.Connection.U.K her but, I just admire her attitude towards life (believable? Those who know me well will think so). Perhaps this was the Canadian girl that I have been looking for? She seemed to get better as I got more drunk... That is, until the point where she pulled out a British passport! Her dad is English! I was supposed to get a Canadian wife, breed a new World-Dominating Welsh/Canadian Rugby team and to start a successful Moose farm while I was out here! I needed a Canadian to do that, not a Brit! Nevermind. Maybe my rugby loving, moose farming love is out there somewhere... *Sob*

5 Comments:

At 5:56 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

Mr.Patel in the Llandeilo Spar and Tewkesbury St in Cathays - both my uncles dude.

Aarti Patel

 
At 6:09 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

So Far, So Good, So what? I hope you mop up that trickle of pee before you go wandering outside in your boxers again!

 
At 8:58 am, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

The nephew in Southampton, he was staying with Patels there. They also related to me.
Its even worse when you go to India. Theres 1 village and everyone who lives there is my mum's cousin!!

 
At 9:36 am, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

Where are you? Need an Update!

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

I can assure you, if I was in Canada I'd offer myself up as your wife in a shot. Unfortunately I'm not only a Brit, but Welsh and fear I would do your super rugby team more harm than good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home