Monday, September 20, 2004

Jenga!

Another day spent lying in bed (mostly). Ho hum.

Things are on the up though! My credit card block has finally been lifted after days of chasing Egg. They seemed quite shocked at the fact that I knew exactly what had happened to my card, I asked them to place an anti-referral marker on the account for the next two weeks while I was still in Canada. "Oh my god, the customer has a brain, quick, get a manager!" They were good though, they have a new messaging service on their website which means that you don't have to talk to someone that doesn't know what they're doing on the phone (all current and former HBOS employees can sympathise? I used to be one of those people).

Went to a party last night hosted by a couple of Suds co-lawyers in the making. It was a Wine and Cheese evening which I didn't like the smell of (geddit?). Sud and myself were some of the first guests and it didn't seem like the party was going to kick off, especially when the host talked fondly about the nice cream carpet shortly before I spilt a huge drop of red wine over it, classy guy! Once the cheese was flowing, we decided to pick up a game called "Truth or Dare Jenga". We had a good laugh at it initially, it was just like Jenga but each block had a little Truth or Dare task on it i.e "Dance round the room with a broom" or "What's the strangest thing you've ever done in the dark?". We started playing it and the laughs stopped once people realised that they had to do this shit. A couple of Aussie girls provided some entertaining scenes, one dancing with a broom quite well! I ended up having to take my t-shirt off for an entire round, not nice for some people I'm sure but funny all the same. No-one, unfortunately managed to pick up the block "Mime three things you do before you go to bed..". The Aussie girls decided to leave so Sud and myself took off as well, think the entire party left soon after! We waited at the bus stop to go to Doolins (again) and found that two girls from the party were heading in the same direction. We lured them into the pub and we all had a lovely chat until about 3am! Home after waiting around on the streets of Van for an hour, crawling with tramps and cops. Another well spent evening!

My last night in Vancouver is being spent staying in as I have to save a little bit of money. Off to Montreal tomorrow morning and really looking forward to it!

2 Comments:

At 7:32 am, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Pasty white skin & ginger chest hair..... no wonder hte party ended!
So how long are you in Canadan for now? are you still off to Aus next? Could do woth a contact in Melbourne!

 
At 5:34 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

The party sounds fab. If i was the host, I'd probably have made u scrub the carpet. Im so anal like that.
Too tired to even think of wot to write. taraa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home