Monday, September 13, 2004

Curly II : The return of the red-eye!

It's been a week since my last update and that wasn't even that informative, or entertaining. Nevermind. Just got an internet connection again and service should resume as normal, although some deliveries may be delayed due to speed restrictions between Cardiff and Newport.

The object of my affection for the last couple of weeks has been the 'Den' - aka Calgary Uni Students Union bar, one of my many weaknesses! Term has started again and I was lured by the offer of really cheap beer served in a sweaty venue with loads of students! My first night there I managed to get "I've never had alcohol before"-drunk and wound up losing Brit, Greg and Scott (Their flatmate) at some point. I realised that I was way too far down the chain of Evolution so I decided to walk back home, this was almost a good decision apart from the minor detail that I didn't have a clue where I was... I picked a nice looking road and set off into the night. The Uni, I've been told, is a half an hour walk from my house - bearing this is mind, I left the Den at approximately 1:00am and arrived back home at 6:30am! I don't remember much apart from the fact that everytime a picked a new road to walk down, I'd walk for about an hour but end up in exactly the same place that I started. This apparent centre of gravity for a drunk Chris was a flagpole sporting a nice red flag. After I stumbled across it for the fourth time, I became rather angry and tore the flag from the top of the pole and took it with me as a trophy. I woke up at some point later on freezing cold in a large thorn bush with a red flag wrapped around me (The flags revenge?). Made it home somehow and passed out for about two days!

(NB. When the author states that he 'passed out', he is referring to some rather strong weed with Greg which made him forget what actually happened at all during the day)

I returned to the Den two days later (like a criminal returning to the crime scene to cause more trouble) but with more of a sober head on me. Another good night was had but I was a little bit scared by the fact that so many people in the club recognised me... "Hey! You're the Welsh guy from Saturday night aren't you?" I left even more confused.. but I stole some more traffic cones for good measure.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

I think I've solved the mystery of your amnesia - whilst carrying the red flag (probably billowing out behind you as you skipped along), you were struck by a rouge marauding Bull, which hit you so hard you landed in the rosebush forgetting everything! Solved!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home