Friday, August 13, 2004

Well bugger me with a wooden spoon!

The last couple of days have been pretty uneventful, I only work three nights a week in the pub but the other four evenings seem to be spent reading other peoples blogs (Thanks for all the votes by the way....!).

Tuesday night I went for a car ride with Tyler, Brittney and Kelly. We visited a fast food joint called 'Peters' - it's renowned for it's cheeseburgers and milkshakes apparently. Peters was always an extremely successful fast food joint but it never expanded a la McDonalds, and just consists of one establishment. Imagine what it'd be like if it had expanded to the UK - "I'm just going out for a Peter, you want anything?" Wierd.

We also visited an old zoo enclosure which the locals call 'Stone Henge' - quite original, wouldn't it be great if we had one of those... Anyway, once we arrived we were treated to a very nice night-time view of the city - you know, one of the ones they put on postcards and write 'CALGARY' in fancy letters across the front.

I slept for most of Tuesday, then went to work. (Sorry for the lack of detail but that's all that happened, really.) Work was pretty regular, people brought me dirty dishes, I cleaned them. Finished at 11:30pm and decided to buy a few beers, then the chef Ryan joined me, then the head waiter, Laurant, then a couple of the servers - you know how it goes. We had a few games of pool and I thought I'd put my hours clocked up in the George to use and show these Canadians how to play, I sucked. No more needs to be said. Everyone drove / stumbled home and passed out.

Wednesday, work again but went straight to a lovely place named the 'Back Alley' afterwards. It's not as dodgy as it sounds - kind of like Gwernllwyn, Cross Hands (if u've been) but with metal music and really slutty girls (No change to Gwernllwyn then) If you're female, not a slut and were in the Back Alley last night, I'm sorry I didn't see you, maybe you were standing BEHIND the girls with the 'skirts' round their necks and the dainty boots reaching to about an inch below 'minge base'. I met Brittney and Tyler inside but they were both trashed and I wasn't in the mood for playing catchup really. It was about half one when I realised that I only had $8 left, either a taxi fare or two more beers and a two mile walk home..... So as I was walking through the red light district, getting asked "Hey hun, where u staying tonight?", I just kept my head down and carried on going. Two guys started ambleing towards me and one said "Where's the prozzies?" I just kept on walking but then somthing clicked, everyone over here calls them Hookers, no one says 'Prozzies'. I turned round and asked the boys where they were from, "Llandovery" they replied. Fuck. I'm in the middle of a Red light district, in the middle of Canada at about 2:30am and the only people I meet on the street are a load of prostitutes and two boys who live in the next town along from my home, Llandeilo. Then, in the pub tonight about three customers walk in, nothing out of the ordinary, apart from the fact that the guy in front has 'CYMRU' in big letters across the front of his t-shirt... Small world eh?

3 Comments:

At 12:35 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

Hi, I don't actually know you, but hey, I like the colour of your blog, so I'm going to vote for u on Owain's poll!
Aarti

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger Laura thought it was best to say...

Hey. Noticed a similarity between us: my blog is titled "Welsh Girl In Leeds" as I am, yes you guessed it, a Welsh Girl who is living in Leeds, although not just yet as the Leeds part is Leeds uni adn its the uni hols at the mo, and you are a Welsh boy in Canada. Striking, isn't it? Go on, be patriotic and read me.

 
At 12:08 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

LLandovery!!!!.....Dirty beggars.
Still i doubt much of that happens there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home