Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Tea anyone?

Having read Owzy's tea review featured in a recent entry on his blog I was quickly reminded that I was running low on Tetleys, my life blood (the other life blood, apart from beer). Here's something interesting, Tetleys in Canada has a large number of tasty flavours available (23 to be precise, the two newest being Earl Grey Vanilla and Rooibos vanilla, mmmm) but the regular flavour is named 'Orange Pekoe' rather than just 'Regular'. Is this just a Canadian thing or do all regular Tetleys boxes read 'Orange Pekoe'? Owz, if you could check the British boxes, Po can be responsible for the Aussie market and Aarti, if you have any useful information from the tea-motherland of India, let me know! I'll finally be able to rest at night with that info!

On a similar subject, remember colour of the packets of Cheese and Onion crisps used to be green, S&V were blue? Many people believe that the colours were reversed at some point - I did a little research and found that Walkers crisps have always had C&O as blue and S&V as green, so here's the interesting bit... When I was a kid Walkers crisps were not available in the South. The two big brands we had were Golden Wonder and Smiths - both of which were blue for S&V and Green for C&O. When Walkers began to dominate the market over the whole of Britain, people became totally confused! Good eh? Another good nights sleep for me, IF ONLY... When I was in Oz, I bought a pack of Cheese and Onion crisps but found them tasting a little odd, and to quote a good friend of mine at the time:-

"What FUCKED UP country puts CHICKEN flavour crisps in a GREEN BAG?!" The plot thickens.

So, as you can all guess, I've not been up to my usual mischief recently!! I've been stuck inside the house watching Canada suck at the Olympics, and I can only watch so many replays of them winning their only medals (One Gold, One Silver and One Bronze). They have about 6 cable channels dedicated to replaying those three events over and over again - to be fair though, they do show replay upon replay of Michael Phelps as well! Sorry Canada, but I really hate the Olympics anyway, don't take it personally.

I went over to Andrews house last night and chilled out for a while with him and his girlfriend. We tucked into a few tasty beers (almost typed Bears, that would have looked odd...) and watched a film called 'Run Lola Run' which is all in German but with Englisch subtitles. Quite liked it, the actress that plays Lola is apparently in 'The Bourne Supremacy' as people keep telling me whenever I watch it. I've turned into one of those people that notice the actors that are in other films rather than listen to what is going on. I spend the entire movie saying "Oh, that's whatshisname from that film with that blonde girl, you know..." Annoying eh?

Also watched 'Requiem for a dream' recently, it stars Jennifer Connolly who played Sarah in 'Labyrinth' (One of my fav films along with Tremors, thanks Bledd for re-kindling my love for that one). I thought her list of film credits would have been as small as David Bowies trousers in that film!!

Just before I retire today, see for yourself what happens when you're a pleb like me and miss out the letter 'S' in 'Blogspot' when you're typing it into your address bar. Amazing where bad typing can get you!

Right, gotta go as it's just gone 5:15am and I'm due another shot of Tea.

5 Comments:

At 6:15 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

tetlys is plain tetley over here!...funny i saw the bourne identity last night.....
..also hula-hoops arn't so much fun as when i was small - they don't fit on my fingers anymore!!!

 
At 6:17 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

Been to tea fields & factories in India. Hills & hills of tea. Everywhere there were little stalls selling local tea - I think my mam got packs of it including some chocolate flavoured! I'll post it u!
Havent Walkers C&O always been blue, and S&V green? I don't remember them the other way round - and I used to be a Patel, you'd think I'd remember from the old Patel Corner Shop we had?

 
At 12:13 am, Blogger Curly thought it was best to say...

Yeah, Walkers have always been the same but that's my point - all the other brands were the other way around. When Walkers started dominating, you reached for your S&V (Blue, as they used to be smiths) but found that they were actually C&O - the source (or sauce....) of the problem!

 
At 10:35 am, Blogger Daniel B. McClelland thought it was best to say...

Hey. The next door neighbour from 'Oz', New Zealand, not only has green packets for chicken 'crisps' but we call them chips. Wiggedy wack. And Tetleys is a grand beer. We only have one flavour here, but it's very good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home