Saturday, August 21, 2004

Can a dance?

Upon actually looking at my bank balance, I realised that I didn't actually have one... (I always look surprised whenever I see it). So I decided to spend a few days not doing anything that involves spending money.. drinking, eating and sex were all out of the question then... (joke, I never pay for my food).

I went out on Sunday night all the same. Went to a relatively local place called the 'Keg' with Tyler, it was nice enough but situated in a rather odd position - on what seemed to be a business park... Met up with Tylers mate, Sabrina, and immediatly we were plied with various alcoholic beverages. We were joined by a nice enough guy called Hans, he studied folklore in Uni and proceeded to sing Auld Scottish songs to us! Was quite funny to listen to, he also played Second row, only the fourth rugby-playing Canadian that I've seen so far (One is my mate Sud and the other two were current/former Canadian International Scrum Half/Centre, in that order). Went on to the 'Roadhouse', one of the many "Best nights out" in Calgary (according to the local radio). It's good fun in there though, if not a little pricy. Strategically placed are two ATM's - not good news for young Chris. I hope they don't introduce those into clubs in Britain too soon (They already have?...Balls)

I had a pole dancing competition with some random girl who thought she was pretty hot, she was but I just felt like bringing her down a peg or two! I got a few cheers from some people that saw the sorry sight of me rubbing my arse against a pole, and the hot girl obviously felt out-classed (?) as she just walked off looking rather unhappy. Mission accomplished! The night ended when Hans decided to do the highland fling and wiped out a couple of revellers. Sabrina, Tyler and myself went to get a Chinese, the girls had picked up a bloke each so I just sat there enjoying all the glorious food set in front of me. Home then, and to bed!

Work was pretty normal tonight, people pissing around and generally having a good time. It was one of the chefs', Andrews', last night at work so we had a couple of drinks afterwards. Went to F.A.T.S (as it's located on Fifth Avenue and Tenth Street) in Kensington (another British name rip-off) for couple but it all closed up at 2am so we just went home.

I'm next in work on Wednesday so God knows what I'll get up to in the next couple of days. Not allowed to spend much money though or I'll never get home. If you get deported, does the government pay for your ticket home?

2 Comments:

At 3:21 pm, Blogger Owzyo! thought it was best to say...

Oh my lord, rubbing your ass on a pole!
Freaking the locals - they proably think Cwmdu is hell of a party town.

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger Aarti thought it was best to say...

Well I've never seen you so I cant imagine u "rubbing ur arse against a pole." Thank God?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home